Montesa 4rt Overheating?

mark1984

nice one thanks bud

be sure to buy yourself some of that super-coolant stuff those motocrossers use.......keep water from boiling over

you could try a cooler range spark plug ......masso

both my engine covers get very hot when i am rideing and the fan is on a lot is this normal? i can touch them but they are realy hot

have you checked your water level and if low just fill to the top will distilled water and anti freeze. The fan should not be on all the time mate :rotfl:

have you checked your water level and if low just fill to the top will distilled water and anti freeze. The fan should not be on all the time mate :rotfl:

No no no no - Distilled water is still very corrosive. What you're after is deionized water :)

fans not on all the time but it has been warm weather recently yeh the fuel tanks get hot eh............ i have checked the coolant levels it is fine i think i will try that engine ice and see how that gos i got the bike from ebay lol big misteak hehe i have made the misteak of getting one from there 2 times now and haveing to spend some cash getting the bike up to scratch but the sellers seem to think the bikes are A1 when they are far from it