Welsh Championship - First Round

bikespace

First round of the 2005 Welsh Championship coming up soon - 6th February, starting at the Royal Welsh Showground - Builth Wells.

Closing date for entries is 3rd February.

Regs available from Graham Evans (01686 625010), but he's away for a while before the event, so please feel free to spread the regs around.

If you're feeling generous enough, please download the regs below, and print a few copies off for your local lads, or just point them in the direction of TrialsCentral or www.trialspace.co.uk.

For those just over the border, remember it's open to allcomers, whether you qualify for championship points or not.

ACU_Trials_Regs_Rd1_2005.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Me and the two Stretton Gays are in BS :) were giving the 'masters route' a go :angry:

Fancy breakfast at the cafe at crossgates first? aiming to be at the cafe by 7.30am and get the nosebag on and be at the venue by 9 to 9.30.

I'll try and save you some bacon :D

I'll let you know tomorrow mate.

I hope this breakfast isn't going to affect my training regime?

D'ya reckon they'll heat up leftover curry for me? :D

Masters route for me too. Should be very competitive this year, people coming up in to it, people coming down in to it, and duffers like me going nowhere and staying in it :angry:

I'm sure you're not really a duffer bikespace...but you might be if you keep eating leftover curry!! :D:)

Ahhh!..not long till I'm back in sunny blighty..(well about 8 months actually).

Been to that cafe at crosskeys many times when I was a boy-racer street biker. Now I'm just a crash-test dummy trials rider :angry:

Have a good time Marky/Bikespace...hope I might be able to join you next year!!!....(only if theres an easy route though!) :hyper:

A curry always tastes even better the day after Stu :D

I wouldn't say the clubman course is easy, good ride out though, nothing stupid.

Does vary depending which club marks it out though obviously.

Worth a go.

For anybody that's not been involved, the Masters route changes this year. It will be roughly half of each (hard/easy route). This will probably mean that the Championship route will be able to be made that little bit harder - that's certainly the way I'll look at it - don't have to worry about the suicide jockeys when you mark out the odd stinker to sort the top boys out.

Not sure who the CofC is for this Sunday yet, expecting to hear something tomorrow, from ACU meeting I couldn't make tonight. :angry:

Hi Bikespace......you're right about the curry of course! :angry:

Assuming I might be good enough one day to try and do one of these championship events...clubmans route of course....I have a question.

How does it work??...do you have to "prove yourself" first...ie. be the top guy in yer usual club or something, before you can enter an event like the Welsh Championship??...and do you have to ride for a Welsh club to allow you to enter??

Just curious...I guess I'll find all these things out when I return to UK, but would be nice to get a bit "gemmed up" before my return. I never did trials before I came to HK..so I dont really know how it all works in UK>

THanks for any info! :D

Hi Stu,

No, anybody can ride the Welsh Championship, but to qualify for points you have to either:

Be Welsh

Be resident in Wales for three years

Have a Welsh born father.

(I think I've got those right)

It is admittedly on a much smaller scale than the British or Novogar sort of event for instance, but does produce some good events.

You'll love the Welsh Scene I'm sure Stu, lovely (isnt it!) country side (when it's not p***ing down :angry:

and you can meet Bikespace, easy to spot...imagine a rugy playing Johnny Vegas and you'll get the picture :hyper:

I don't play rugby but I do look like Johnny Vegas :)

Still got your road bike by anychance? I do the crossgates cafe run quite a bit in the summer on me CBR :D

Edited by Marky G

Never bloody heard of it.!!!...but theres a trumpet job going here soon if you fancy it Bikespace...after all those curries I'm sure you're up to a bit of trumpeting.

Hey...nearly forgot..good luck on SUnday...trying to persuade my old man to go and watch it, since I cant be there.

Is Marky G riding too>>

Still got my road bike Marky..but lost interest really on that scene. Rather get out on the trials bike...but I could still be persuaded to a ride out to crosskeys now and again!!

look forward to joining you both at a trial near end of the year!..You can have hours of entertainment watching me crash (do that alot)....Oh! and I'll be TOTALLY bo*****d when it comes to riding in mud!...dont get that 'ere :angry::D

I'll be there for breakfast on Sunday Mark. 7.30??????? How much you planning to eat?????

Rugby tomorrow - England v Wales

Welsh Championship Sunday

I'm half English - half Welsh, but my rugby has always been english, despite having Max Boyce drummed in to me from an early age.

Just hoping that Wales don't manage to fluke a win, I'll never hear the end of it on Sunday.

Mind you, not sure how much I'll dare rubbing it in when England win :angry:

I'm only going along for the breakfast BS, Spence did mention something about riding motorbikes afterwards!! I dunno :)

I'll try and get a few pics Stu if I can find my camera :angry:

Spelling and me have never really hit it off BS :hyper: RUGBY: a game played by males who are more interested in the shower action after the game :D