Week 172 - It's 100 Up For Dan

Andy

rapley_header_ukwt1.jpg

The past seven days have been fairly hectic for your columnist as far as trials are concerned, having ridden last Bank Holiday Monday followed two days later by a journey deep into the Lake District to begin planning sections for the two Lakes Motor Trial Association events that take place on Saturday July 17 and Sunday the 18th.

Normally planning sections is not my department, I

I was about to reply saying I really fancied coming down for that weekend as I've never yet seen a Sidecar Trial and it's on my list of things to do before I die. Then I checked and it clashes with the San Marino World Round :rotfl: I WILL get to a Sidecar Trial one day, just not this time :)

I was about to reply saying I really fancied coming down for that weekend as I've never yet seen a Sidecar Trial and it's on my list of things to do before I die. Then I checked and it clashes with the San Marino World Round :rotfl: I WILL get to a Sidecar Trial one day, just not this time :)

I can defo recommend the Manx 2 day, you can watch the chairs one day and the solos the other (they're on opposite ends of the island on the same day). It's just dear to get over there during 'The Manx'.

Yes Woody, the sidecar trial on Saturday has a class for Pre 75 bikes which will run at the front of the sidecar entry over the Clubman sidecar course, absolutely spot on for them!

As for going to San Marino or Torver, there's no comparison - it's Torver every time.

Edited by Hillary

We can't really have twinshocks as those that rode would have an unfair advantage over those that didn't ride but would be taking part on Sunday. Many of the sections for the sidecars, whilst suitable for Pre 75 bikes, would be too easy for twinshocks.