Rev3 Shifter Tip -cross Reference To Other Bikes?

deminimis

Hi All,

I need to get a shift lever tip for my Rev3 but don't have time to wait for shipping from Beta (I'm in the States). Does anyone know of dirt bike with a similar shift lever tip setup? My lever is fine, just need the missing tip. Its nothing like the one on my KTM and its quite different from the ones on the Honda bikes I've had as well, so I'm guessing I'm out of luck. Anyway, thought I'd ask just in case. Thanks!!

ha... international post is held up in the other direction as well is it..

i buy stuff from a florida company and it leaves the US same day arrives in uk customs the next day and sits there whilst the nice people at customs look at it play with it put it on the top shelf ( at the back) then two weeks later write to say they have it and can they have 30 quid for the coffers aotherwise i'll never see it.. the when said wedge is handed over parcel arrives.. if you'd likel i'll happily buy you a lever and post it as a gift if you like i bet you'd have it before the weekend

Totalshell, thanks for the offer and I appreciate it very much. I do have a source for little trick bits that arrive approx 10 days after I order, but trying to figure out something for today. This post was a long shot, so I'll probably order the replacement lever today and keep embarrassing myself with missed shifts this weekend. Thanks again!!

Edited by deminimis

I got some 10mm alluminium bar (steel would do) and bent it over drilled a hole through it and bolted it onto the gear lever with a bolt and nyloc nut. I would post a picture but sold the bike recently. Effectly making a 20mm tip. It was tight enough to stay in place but would fold back if required.

Sorted.

Scragg

Thanks for the replies. Already had the handlebar end on it, but missed it with my foot more times than not. Just ended up ordering an aftermarket shifter and a host of other spares. Ended up not being a big issue as the riding area we were at was too wet, muddy and rutted up from a XC race to bring out the Beta much. Instead spent the weekend trying to climb stuff with my XC-F. I really need to install a X-11 on that KTM!! Thanks again.