1997/8 Beta Techno

tom2010

Hello! just bought a 97 (advertised as a 98 but had gold forks, dougie lampkin rep and says 1997 world champion on the side...)

needs a few bits doing to it...

what number wheel bearings does it need? (fronts and rears)

what type of engine oil..?

how do i remove the air filter, seems to have two thick rubber rings holding it down?

radiator cap is below the fuel cap and it seems to be a bit loose, is it just bolted to the frame under the 'seat' plastic??

front brake is pretty awful so going to service that

the clutch is pretty stiff too! is this standard on tehnos? it's not overly stiff just nowhere near as light as an 07 sherco i rode recently.. but i'm more used to enduro bikes so if it is normal it isn't an issue

think thats it! for now at least!

any advice or regular issues with them would be much appreciated :P

cheers!

Hi mate,

Oil - use atf fluid (I use dextron ATF 3000 or 4000) it makes your clutch work much better (less drag), also look at the clutch plate mod in the "sticky" at top of page.

As for the wheel bearing if you remove them you should have a number stamped on them, take these to any bearing manufacture and the will swop you a fully working brand new set for about

Another suggestion, take off you exhaust (front section) from engine to centre, and have a look down to see how much the bore has reduced due to carbon build up, I had abount 5mm around the entire bore. 1hour in the garden wiv blow lamp and air compressor and all clean! engine revs much better, doesn't bog down so much now.

• 8 months later...

Hello,

send me your e-mail in a pm and i can send you the owners manual and the bike schematic with all the part numbers on if that will help.

all the best

N

Neville,

I've just bought a rather sorry Techno as my first "Modern" trials bike. Could you possible supply me with a copy of the workshop manual?

Cheers Steve.

Neville,

I've just bought a rather sorry Techno as my first "Modern" trials bike. Could you possible supply me with a copy of the workshop manual?

Cheers Steve.

On its way - if i remember right your ISP has a limit to file sizes on email so i have used WINRAR to split it as its 10 megs.

also sent the schematics and part numbers.

any problems - let me know

• 5 months later...

On its way - if i remember right your ISP has a limit to file sizes on email so i have used WINRAR to split it as its 10 megs.

also sent the schematics and part numbers.

any problems - let me know

Hello,

I just bought a Beta Techno '96. Please, could you also send the workshop manual to me?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Guz

• 2 years later...

hello

new to this site. Just acquired a 1997 Techno. I saw somewhere within the posts that a member had a user manual. If it is at all possible I would love a copy? I have scoured the net and been in touch with Beta UK and they say they d not supply them anymore.

Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks

Hey a question for you gents about a 97 Techno

Mine seems to slip the kick start ratchet ever few kicks

Always returns to the top

Is it just the 2 ratchet pieces? Or is there more to it