4rt Tickover

oz thumper

The battery off her GSXr would add a bit of weight to the 4rT though.

Going by the non electric start machines, about 500gms at a guess.

Personally would prefer that bit of weight and engine characteristics that suit me.

Any body with a current bike measured what they are running at?

Munch?

The battery off her GSXr would add a bit of weight to the 4rT though.

Going by the non electric start machines, about 500gms at a guess.

Personally would prefer that bit of weight and engine characteristics that suit me.

Hmmm....if that's all - 0.5Kg, then so would I.

When you're sticking 120Kg on the pegs, I don't suppose it would make too much of a difference.

ok...here's a little theory:

there is no battery on the 4rt, just a capacitor to even out the current flow and act as a small battery for a short time. if you turn down the tickover you should lose volts and/or amperes on the way. then maybe the capacitor doesn't get the current it needs witch could result in an uneven current flow to the rest of the components. this maybe could damage the components or at least shorten there life. :(

this is a theory (is has many ifs) and i am no expert on electrics so don't execute me if i'm wrong :)

• 2 weeks later...

Put a tachometre on my 4rt last night..........930rpm on tickover......... Comments please!!!!

Sounds about where I believe they should operate at. Will let you know when I get mine delivered. Our dealer over East has told me that he had slowed his right down similar to his old TLR (around 900rpm) but hasn't measured it. He has had no problems other than when adjusted to ultra slow it was difficult to start if stalled.

This was improved by adjusting tickover up a little.

Any one know if a 9tooth sprocket is available yet?

Put a tachometre on my 4rt last night..........930rpm on tickover......... Comments please!!!!

(Also put it on my mini-moto, 2500 tickover, revs out at 10,000rpm!!! :D )

Stu, reference mini bike revs. I don't know if the bike is 2 or 4 stroke.

If it is fourstroke with a simple ignition circuit you can get caught out with tacho setting, because some ignitions are straight off the flywheel and therefore fire every revolution rather than only on the firing stroke.

TLR is like this and will give double the actual rev reading if tacho is set to fourstroke scale. :ph34r:

• 3 months later...

Sounds about where I believe they should operate at. Will let you know when I get mine delivered.

Any one know if a 9tooth sprocket is available yet?

Well had my 4Rt for a few trials and can now sort some of the facts from the stories of what they will or won't do.

Have set my bike to 1200rpm idle, and it has never stalled or been difficult to start during a trial. Drops to 1150rpm when the fan cuts in.

It will tickover for extended periods without a problem, including when on the side stand (contrary to what someone wrote).

Have found that using a very small amount of throttle when hot improves the starting and doesn't upset the electrics as long as you keep it absolutely still.

Fitted 43t rear from new, left middle and rear exhaust restrictor in place and totally happy with the performance.

Really enjoying the ride, they may be slightly lacking in the world indoor series but have all the majority of riders will ever need.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

What type of tacho do you use on the mont and where do you get them.

I have had my 4rt for a week and very pleased with it, I have put a 46 tooth spocket on the back which has slowed it down but I am still running on the tick over it was set at from the shop and would like it slower but need a tacho.

any help would be greatfull, (I live in Bedfordshire)

Thanks Rob

Hi,

What type of tacho do you use on the mont and where do you get them.

Tachometer Digital Inductive ABW Tool 70882. Got mine from Supatoolsonline via ebay. $58 Aus plus delivery ( 25 uk)

My mate got his through auto shop.

We checked against a borrowed expensive unit and calibrated OK.

Enjoy the ride Rob.