Rev3 Clutch Bleeding -what's The Trick?

deminimis

Actually, had enough air in it to fill a balloon. Got home too late to accomplish anything last night. Will start over and bench bleed the MC and go from there. Thanks!

Suppose I should have mentioned this is the Gremica mc ('05-on).

Edited by deminimis

Oh crap. Perhaps I did this wrong. Hopefully someone here has installed a Grimaca clutch master cylinder seal kit and can help. When I installed the new kit, I did it the same way I found it. Was looking at a PDF file just now that seems to suggest the way I did it is wrong. Specifically, I'm talking about the small cup like seal towards the end of the piston (not the "O" ring): Does the open (cup part) go on so its facing the hose (to the right) or to the left? Hope that makes sense. I have it so the cup (or perhaps better called the larger flared end) is facing the hose end instead of facing to the left (clutch lever plunger end). That makes the most sense (would apply pressure when needed and allow fluid to blow by from the res (when needed) when the clutch lever is released. Again, the pdf image seems to suggest otherwise, so any words of comfort or solace would be appreciated. Thanks.