When I Rev High ,it Takes Ages For It To Get Back To Tickover,

pudrev3

hey guys,please help, i have 2 problems,the first one ive said in the title and the second one is , when the revs are low and you gas it quick ,it sounds like there is not enough juice getting to it,but ive cleaned the carb i think,although i dont really know what i,m doing, can anybody help me please, oh its a rev 3 04 model,cheers chris

i have allways had problems with my carb, if i lean it over in any direction ,petrol comes out the 2 breather pipes on the carb, ive tried cleaning it ,but dont really know how to properly, i have a feeling it is blocked or something:)

i have allways had problems with my carb, if i lean it over in any direction ,petrol comes out the 2 breather pipes on the carb, ive tried cleaning it ,but dont really know how to properly, i have a feeling it is blocked or something:)

The trait you describe is a factory addition. It's there in case the 'Beta' badges come off. That way it's still clearly identifiable as a Beta!

If you search the Beta forum on 'leaking carbs' you'll find that you're not alone on this one. The same was the case on my 1992 Beta Zero 260. The only problem it caused me was that the missus banned me from keeping it in the lounge as the smell of petrol gave her a headache...

:mellow:

Graham

The trait you describe is a factory addition. It's there in case the 'Beta' badges come off. That way it's still clearly identifiable as a Beta!

If you search the Beta forum on 'leaking carbs' you'll find that you're not alone on this one. The same was the case on my 1992 Beta Zero 260. The only problem it caused me was that the missus banned me from keeping it in the lounge as the smell of petrol gave her a headache...

:mellow:

Graham

Nice one

If the carb is not the problem it could be the main seals are leaking, used to be common many years ago, although i must admit i have not seen it recently.

Maybe the quality (including Beta) has improved.