Kick Starter Sheared Off

steve1979

What a day, way out riding in the middle of nowhere, literally. Over huge hills, through marshy bogs etc when the bike conked out in the middle of nowhere about as far from civilization as possible in Shetland. Engine just died and refused to start (stator problems) i think and to top it off with all the kicking on the kick starter the bugger snapped off and took a big chunk out of my carbon lookalike frame protector at the same time, BIG BOO eventually got the bike bump started just as it started to rain.

What a day. Still no point in getting mad about it lol

Steve1979, You are a calm chap!

There are parts catalogues to download on 'trialspartsusa' or have a look at 'haventrialsport' they list everything with prices.

The arm is only available as a complete assembly but the other parts are available individually! Why?

You can weld it till you get another then keep it as a spare.

I have seen a few break off and its usually when the arm has turned out and the bike falls on that side and the rider went some where else.

I have seen a few break off and its usually when the arm has turned out and the bike falls on that side and the rider went some where else.

I've also seen a couple of them snap when the capscrew through the bushing is allowed to get loose. That over-stresses the lower part of the lever

by spreading the machined tabs on the bottom of the lever that pivot on the bushing. I always advise Loctite on the capscrew and use a little

lube on the bushing/tab area now and then.

Jon

Thanks guy's, that's excactly what happened the top cap had come off i think as it was missing, and it's broken where you described. Probably my fault as i took it apart a while ago to replace one of the o rings and lube it all up. so it's probably worked it's self loose :crying: