03 Jetting Settings

monty-python

Hi all,

does anyone have jetting settings for an 03 Mont. It has the new needle in it (standard clip position), if that makes any difference, and i believe the main is 110.

The bike keeps stalling at low revs,even with the tickover wound up leading me to suspect the pilot.

It may just need the jets blown out with compressed air but it would be interesting to find out if anyone has tried alternative settings (which work better). i am located at sea level.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks chaps, problem is now sorted. Ended up with 110 mains, 36 pilot and mixture screw 3 and 3/4 turns out. It was a duff plug causing the stalling. It also had 33pilot and 108 mains. Needle id is now D49 (alternative supplied needle), mid clip, and it seems to be running fine now. Thanks for your replies guys

• 4 years later...

I've just fitted Boyeson Duel Stage Reeds to my 03 315R which has the standard DellOrto carb and if you believe the fitting instructions they tell you that they cause the bike to run weak at the bottom end and rich at the top end and so you should re-jet accordingly.

When I first got the bike it had a 33 pilot and a 108 main and knocked like f*ck at the bottom end of the revs just as the throttle is opened, so I run it on Shell V Power and an Octane Booster and Amsoil Saber Pro @ 100-1 and changed the jets to a 36 pilot and 110 main and raised the needle one clip position and run it on which completely cured the knock but did make it run a bit rich mid throttle.

The tick over has always been a bit eratic and so on closer inspection of the original carbon reeds discoverd that they weren't shutting fully and so must be a bit tired. So instead of just turning them over I decided to buy and fit the Boyesons.

Instantly much better and very responsive, and so the final settings after a bit of lucky guesswork are 36 pilot 108 main and having run it for a short road trip on the middle clip position, felt that it was running a bit weak mid throttle and so raised the needle again one clip position and after another short trip on the road have now decided that these settings are spot on.

I forgot to mention that the needle is a D49 and the air screw is currently set at 3 1/4 turns out. Perfect!

Having now ridden a trial I've have reverted back to the middle clip position for the needle as it felt as though it was running a bit rich mid throttle.

Edited by John_Doe