Carb Setup

gasgas694

i have a gas gas 250 2005 and i was going to clean the carb but i noticed that on my mates gas gas 125 there is a pipe coming the carb going to a different place (see pic) can someone tell me witch setup is right or if both is right? One is a clear hose and one is a black hose

also his 125 dosnt have a fuel filter will this matter?

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

The big black pipe is correct, its the feed into carb, you dont really need a fuel filter with the Dellorto as they have a filter on the other side of the carb where the fuel enters, one can be fitted as extra protection if ya want though. Always fit an inline fuel filter to Keihin carbs as they have no internal one!

The clear pipe is for the gearbox to breathe & should only be fitted to the little 90 degree elbow in front of the sprocket, it should then just go up high under the tank & act as a breather. The 90 degree elbow on the carb is a breather & usually has no pipe fitted, some people fit a small length (1.5 inch) of pipe so water doesn't go in when washing or riding through streams!

Did that all make sense?? :banana2:

Oh & the inlet rubber on the back side of ya carbs are not on properly, push them further on or dirt/water will get in

Edited by faktree

This is a Taliban trick!

When your bike falls over it will fill up your gearbox with fuel and you and your bike will explode while sitting in a que, as everyone will be killed, there will be no witnesses!

Wait till Jon sees this! :banana2:

Hi there,

Firstly, don't let Copeys sense of humour frighten you too much, the summer heat lends some folk to exaggerate a bit (I did find it rather funny though)!

As Mr Faktree says, your bike (top pic?) is set up correctly apart from the airbox join that faktree rightly pointed out. Your mates bike on the other hand needs a bit of attention. If he copies your set up then all should be well? He also needs to top up his rear brake fluid (or judging by the colour of it, flush it through with some nice new fluid).

I also think your thoughts on cleaning your carb / air filter are well justified going by the dusty stuff everywhere?

GJ :banana2:

Hi there,

Firstly, don't let Copeys sense of humour frighten you too much, the summer heat lends some folk to exaggerate a bit (I did find it rather funny though)!

As Mr Faktree says, your bike (top pic?) is set up correctly apart from the airbox join that faktree rightly pointed out. Your mates bike on the other hand needs a bit of attention. If he copies your set up then all should be well? He also needs to top up his rear brake fluid (or judging by the colour of it, flush it through with some nice new fluid).

I also think your thoughts on cleaning your carb / air filter are well justified going by the dusty stuff everywhere?

GJ :huh:

:banana2: Thanks for the advice both bikes need a good clean and a service is there any website's that show u how to clean the carb or do a full service? as i dont have a clue all i have done is a oil gearbox change.

Hi there,

GJ :huh:

GJ is such a party pooper! Well, I guess really that the worst thing that could happen with that carb vent setup is that after a few offs, the gearbox would get all the fuel wiping out the clutch and bearings!

After all that, while you are standing over it in pieces on the shed floor, the water heater ignites the vapors lying about and it takes out the shed! No big deal! :banana2: Elf and safety will blame it all on the last machanic and your family will be rich! All you got was a scorched scrotum, loss of hearing and no eyebrows!