2005 Beta Fan Running Constant

hop_sing

While riding in the back yard I noticed my daughters 80s fan seems to run all the time. I am worried that this will burn the fan up.

Not much of a mechanic and don't know what to check. Looks like others have the opposite problem. Any help would be great.

We have a 2006 Beta 80, and the fan rarely comes on. I would start by checking the coolant level, a low level will certainly cause this problem. The next would be the thermostat, then the impellor; but I would bet that the level is low.

Spencer

I thank you for the help. I checked it out more today, started cold, fan not running. After about 5 minutes fan kicked on and ran for about 1 minute then shut off. So that sounds right, I did check coolant level and it is good. I am still concerned because the other day it seemed to be running consant. it was hot outside when I noticed it running and may have just been impatient.it was close to 100 degrees.

I am going to paint one of the fins and keep my eye on it. My daughter is just learning to ride and I forget to explane how to watch her own bike. I have had the bike for a couple of years so know it has not been bypassed. but again I thank you for all response. She took several 5's at the last event due to engine dieing. But we were at over 7000 feet so I chaulked it up to that at the time. Her brother said he had to turn the idle up when we went to this location,as he has been riding that bike the last couple of years. I would be interested in any other thoughts like does the thermastat weaken over time and come on at a lower temp. thanks again

Sing while you Hop

Hi there

Your fan running sounds fairly normal. Trial bikes have small radiators and dont have the benefit of air / wind rushing through the rad fins like moto x and road bikes do when they go fast. We spend so much time almost stationary that the engine temp will rise. If it kicked in 5 mins from cold, that sounds about normal. You will know when the engine is about to over heat as steam will start flying out of the rad cap. Altitude will certainly affect the carburation of the bike too. Hope this helps.

While riding in the back yard I noticed my daughters 80s fan seems to run all the time. I am worried that this will burn the fan up.

Not much of a mechanic and don't know what to check. Looks like others have the opposite problem. Any help would be great.

My son has a 2005 Rev80 and the fan was running constantly. I checked all the usual things like coolant level and all was okay. I replaced the thermister switch, brass coloured thing on the cylinder head with 2 wires attached and this solved it.

Thanks.