Which Bike?

betanz

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if I could get any opinions on the sherco 250 and 125 around the 08 model as opposed to the beta rev3 250 and 125 or vise versa.

At the moment I have a 2001 Beta rev3 250, would there be a big enough difference to consider buying newer bike?

Cheers Brad

I think you would find the Sherco 250 to be a bit lighter and quicker bike than the Beta. Bit more aggressive, although not too much!

You just gotta get out and try one to your taste! Historically, the Betas been smoother off the bottom, yet not much on top!

:rolleyes:

Yeah I do notice the top end flatten out on the 01 beta but figured that beta would have that all sussed around the 08 model but i guess not,

I also like the look of the sherco better than the beta.

Thanks for the reply.

• 2 weeks later...

I always seem to find beta have bag loads more torque and tend to feel more planted

tried my mates sherco and found it very snappy comparing the two

I think I will prob stick with beta as I feel it's a bit more to my riding style

Thanks for the replys, I think I will stick to beta as the dealer is the best I have ever done deals with. but for someone at the age of 16 would i be better to get a 125 or a 250, bear in mind that in New Zealand I do not need a 125 to compete in the national champs. I was also thinking maybe an evo would be better and well worth the money, any thoughts?

Thanks for the replys, I think I will stick to beta as the dealer is the best I have ever done deals with. but for someone at the age of 16 would i be better to get a 125 or a 250, bear in mind that in New Zealand I do not need a 125 to compete in the national champs. I was also thinking maybe an evo would be better and well worth the money, any thoughts?

If you REALLY want to learn to work a bike, get a 125, as they MAKE you work the bike on big stuff, and you may well be better off for it in the end. They will do almost anything you need if used correctly.

If you are lazy, occasional rider, a 250 will pull you round in style! :thumbup:

Ok thanks for the advice, I think 125 would be better as well as i like to rev the bike and the 250 that i have doesnt really like to be reved, my brother has a rev 80 and i really like to ride that as it loves the revs. Which would be better in reliability aswell as performance though, a beta evo or sherco?

PS i think that Jake could probably win on anything.

Please be carefully when buying and ride first, an evo is nothing less than an animal in compassion to your current bike

Edited by Mrwhite

Yes I will ride the bike before buying. I had a go on an evo 250 that is in our club and they are just sooooooo much better than the rev3 that i have, it is easier to do any hoping around and 1st gear is way more useable. I think evo is the way to go, if anyone knows of any evo 125's for sale in New Zealand I would be interested and i would also consider a 250 but would prefer a 125.

Cheers Brad.