Ajs 37at

jon v8

A friend has just managed to get hold of what appears to be an ex works 37AT. We are looking for more info than the limited amount I can find in Roy Bacons books.(Postwar singles and Classic two stroke trials bikes.) The bike is 99% complete and looks original apart from the exhaust.

Any help would be appreciated,cheers.

Had another look at the bike this evening,its the one that Malcom Davis - or perhaps his brother Tony rode.There is a picture of it on p5 of vol 3 of twenty yrs of twinshock trials.It is not quite as original as I first said,the motor is now sporting a Greeves square fin barrel/head and a conical front hub.But still possibly an interesting/important bit of trials history.

• 1 month later...

Had another look at the bike this evening,its the one that Malcom Davis - or perhaps his brother Tony rode.There is a picture of it on p5 of vol 3 of twenty yrs of twinshock trials.It is not quite as original as I first said,the motor is now sporting a Greeves square fin barrel/head and a conical front hub.But still possibly an interesting/important bit of trials history.

I have a 37AT in pretty original condition apart from a missing seat. I have had a repica exhaust and side panel made, had the tank done and some plating so far, it's a project a bit down the list! I have some photos of one in Devon if it's any help? I also bought a brochure from Big John a while ago but there is little information in it. I think I may have an airticle from a 1969 magazine I coulds scan you if you are interested.

PM me if I can help at all.