4rt Vs. 2.9

mcman56

I have been riding a 2002 2.9 for a while and am thinking about a newer, maybe 2005, 4rt. Can anyone provide a comparison? I believe I will like the 4 stroke power. I realize it is not the same but have a TLR200 and like the smoother slower revving type power. But...do you feel the extra 10 lbs? How do the suspensions compare? The 02 still has damper rod type forks and I can feel spikes at high trail speeds. Does the 4rt run Showa front and back? Does the 4 stroke efi make it a little harder starting. Is the high idle easy to get used to?

hey,

i had a 4rt for 2 years and they are good bikes but when changing back to a 2 stroke you feel the weight difference!

they start good (not when in gear) the high idle speed takes some time to get used to but its not a problem

showa front and rear and they are good, rear is a lot better than a sherco.

best regards bob

I had a Sherco and didn't like the suspension. I think the 4RT suspension is much better. Took me a while to adjust to the 4 stroke. Very happy with mine, great bike. I will be at the Bear Valley PITS event on Sunday and you can ride mine if you want.

Scott