Sherpa-t Differences

sir dabs alot

I'm trying to figure out what the differences are between a 1978 Sherpa-T (the red ones): http://ventura.craigslist.org/mcy/1897363687.html

and the 1979 (blue with blue frame) 199A?: http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/1861908943.html

And the blue tank, white framed Sherpa-T (199B?)

Is it just colors or are the frames, geometries, engines any different?

Thanks!

Edited by Trialsin1

i suspect your 1978 350 maybe a 1976/77 350 model 191 as the rear brake lever from the photo appears to be on the left the frame no is the decider, the first 3 no.s been the model no.

according to the 'historia de la sherpa T' the bikes have the same wheelbase, ground clearance,weight,rear sproket size,cc 326,and 5 gears. the later bike though has a couple more BHP and 5% more torque. as regards popularity about 1500 earlier bikes were built compared to almost 6000 of the 199 ( take into account Spanish strikes and accounting though!

the white framed 199b is of course the mutts nutts if you want to be world champ having the six speed box and the box section swing arm ( much stronger , much improved grip)

there is of course a massive difference in price should all three be of a similar std with the 199b carrying a significant premium

In the uk Bultacos a a rare sight even at twin shock events, there are many bought and sold on ebay etc. but few turn a wheel in regular anger. I suspect that much as the case with the Ty they were the workhorse of the day and today up against the host of Fantics of the mid 80's and modded TLR's at twinshock trials they lack the glamour and frankly capability/ rideability.

Great info guys!!! I have a friend with a blue framed, blue tank one. It was advertised as an '81 model I think. Ergonomics feel good on it. The big torquey motor would take a little getting used to. I tend to prefer less power in general so a 250 would be great. I'll have to say though, I'm not sure I've ever seen one in the US, not that they're not here, I just don't remember any.