Sherco 3.2 4t 2008 - Stiffer Springs

petrs

Hello,

Yesterday I bought my new Sherco and set up for my weight. I measured front rider (race) SAG approx. 1/3 of total travel with max. preload and more then 1/2 rear rider SAG with max. preload. I read that rear sag must be approx. 1/3 of total travel, but I measured that rear static SAG (without rider) is 1/3 of total travel, is not it strange? Sherco have 55 mth.

Where can I buy new stiffer springs for my Sherco?

Thank you for repaly and sorry for my English.

PetrS.

Forget about all that race sag stuff. How much do you weigh? Unless you are over 100 kilos, the standard springs should be fine.

Use the STATIC SAG(weight of bike only) method and set the bike (spring preload) between 0 and 30mm dependant upon your weight of 100-70kilos .

I think this is a better guideline.

Sherco does not seem to sell heavy springs, one must have them made to order by a spring supplier. Thus, unless you are running a custom shocker like an Ohlins or TRP, I have not seen any heavy springs offered of late. Yet there may be some dealers or importers that have had a batch made up.

Fact is, even much heavier riders get along well on the stock springs in most cases.

:lol:

Hello Copemech,

I have about 107kg with gear and helmet. I found this: Spring

But I don't know, where I get front stiffer spring :/ Have you any idea? Or do you think that I don't need front stiffer springs? : )

Thanks for any reply.

Front is usually a non-issue, seem fine.

Well, that spring is for the TRP shock, and doubt it will fit the Olle. Buying a TRP shock or an Ohlins, you should have the option of springs, and this is a premium setup.

To get a heavy spring for ethe standard Olle, one would need to probably source it through a MX suspention specialty shop in you area. Springs are built to spec(add 10%) and it is usually not too costly, other than downtime, for them to take yours and do the deal for $100 or so.

I do not know where you are located. If you are in Spain, you may check with Paxau Racing to see if he has anything to help.

:wall:

Edited by copemech

I know Topfun used to list a heavier spring for shercos

Their website does have a small trials catalogue still which lists both a complete olle shock & heavier(I think) spring

Part number TF4015 , 7.5kg spring , price 55.59euro

If you can find a stockist of their stuff near you it may be worth asking if they're able to help you

Edited by tony27

Front is usually a non-issue, seem fine.

Well, that spring is for the TRP shock, and doubt it will fit the Olle. Buying a TRP shock or an Ohlins, you should have the option of springs, and this is a premium setup.

To get a heavy spring for ethe standard Olle, one would need to probably source it through a MX suspention specialty shop in you area. Springs are built to spec(add 10%) and it is usually not too costly, other than downtime, for them to take yours and do the deal for $100 or so.

I do not know where you are located. If you are in Spain, you may check with Paxau Racing to see if he has anything to help.

:wall:

Ok, I'll try to find a local manufacturer of custom springs. Thanks for advice. Btw. I'm from Czech Republic.

I know Topfun used to list a heavier spring for shercos

Their website does have a small trials catalogue still which lists both a complete olle shock & heavier(I think) spring

Part number TF4015 , 7.5kg spring , price 55.59euro

If you can find a stockist of their stuff near you it may be worth asking if they're able to help you

Thanks, I'll write them. But 7,5kg? It is a bit much, no? I have 7,2kg on my supermoto and it's super hard on rear. I think that for trial need about 4 - 5 kg.

Thanks, I'll write them. But 7,5kg? It is a bit much, no? I have 7,2kg on my supermoto and it's super hard on rear. I think that for trial need about 4 - 5 kg.

All this will depend upon the travel/ lever ratios and such. Cannot compare directly to a supermoto.

I do recall Topfun offering a spring for the older models at one point, yet I think the dimentions have changed on the latter models. Hopefully they might tell which years theirs will fit. :wall:

All this will depend upon the travel/ lever ratios and such. Cannot compare directly to a supermoto.

I do recall Topfun offering a spring for the older models at one point, yet I think the dimentions have changed on the latter models. Hopefully they might tell which years theirs will fit. :wall:

Ok, thanks for advice, I'll contact Topfun for stiffer spirngs : )