Washout at Yorkshire Centre Team Trial

telecat

Appears that the Team Trial was a wash out. CofC had to cancel the Trial an hour after starting due to river levels being too high. Here in Leeds the weather has been so bad I saw a number of Floods on the road. One in Horsforth looks like it has totalled a car the owner had parked outside his house!

Edited by Telecat

The Club are in the process of contacting the landowners and the Centre plus Centre Clubs to see if the club can run the event on Dec 5th . This will mean we cancell the West Yorkshire Championship (ES MYERS TROPHY TRIAL).

Hopefully the Centre and landowners will allow us to run the trial.

Thanks to Nathan and his team for the hard work they have done over the last few weeks in getting permissions and plotting the sections.

A big thankyou to the observers who were prepared to stand out in the severe weather.

Watch this space for further details.

Here in Leeds the weather has been so bad I saw a number of Floods on the road. One in Horsforth looks like it has totalled a car the owner had parked outside his house!

Guess where I was at the weekend :)

By heck it rained !!

Don't suppose we could have the Trial without roadwork this time. Stopped a couple of riders from competing.

If we are going to run the trial again on the 5th the plan will to use the same route so that we can link the three venues together, unfortunately this is the only way we can use all the venues, so unless we cannot get permissions in place there will be road work involved,

Nathan and other club members have put a lot of time and effort into getting this trial sorted out and it would be a great shame to not run this event, I believe the club did the right thing in calling off the trial as the rivers were extremely high and far too dangerous for anybody to attempt to cross them and a large majority of sections were underwater.

If we are going to run the trial again on the 5th the plan will to use the same route so that we can link the three venues together, unfortunately this is the only way we can use all the venues, so unless we cannot get permissions in place there will be road work involved,

Nathan and other club members have put a lot of time and effort into getting this trial sorted out and it would be a great shame to not run this event, I believe the club did the right thing in calling off the trial as the rivers were extremely high and far too dangerous for anybody to attempt to cross them and a large majority of sections were underwater.

Well could we have an idea of the venue so we can see if it's possible to carry the bikes between the groups. It's the first time for years "roadwork" has been required and it was a big disappointment to have to turn down our club's request due to it. I'm pretty certain other's couldn't run either due to this requirement.

Well could we have an idea of the venue so we can see if it's possible to carry the bikes between the groups. It's the first time for years "roadwork" has been required and it was a big disappointment to have to turn down our club's request due to it. I'm pretty certain other's couldn't run either due to this requirement.

start above Cowling Cragg down across fields into Cragg 6 sections then back to start to refuel, along top road towards Town end farm then onto private track into Lumb water falls 10 sections in lumb then onto Townend farm access from main road, 4 sections in town end farm then back to start for another full lap, so there is no way you could ride the trial without using public roads, and it might be agianst the rules of the trial to carry your bikes between sections in a van etc, You would need to check with your Club to see if this is allowed ?