How the devil........

axispowers

Greetings all.

Had my old & battered scorpa for a few months now & really need to sort a few issues.

How do I bleed the clutch? Can't see anyway of bleeding it through.

Also what carb needle should be fitted. Been told I've got a short needle ( :banana2: ) does 58mm sound right? And it should be 90 something. Is that right? Bike absolutely drinks the fuel compared to my brothers Sherco 250.

Also need some front pads, whats the best make & where do I get them?

Thankyou in advance.

All help appreciated.

Karl.

Greetings all.

Had my old & battered scorpa for a few months now & really need to sort a few issues.

How do I bleed the clutch? Can't see anyway of bleeding it through.

Also what carb needle should be fitted. Been told I've got a short needle ( :banana2: ) does 58mm sound right? And it should be 90 something. Is that right? Bike absolutely drinks the fuel compared to my brothers Sherco 250.

Also need some front pads, whats the best make & where do I get them?

Thankyou in advance.

All help appreciated.

Karl.

To bleed the clutch its probably easier to bleed at the master cylinder. Remove tha cap, back off the adjuster so there is free play at the lever and turn the bars to full RH lock so that the cylinder is at the highest point. keep pumping the lever till there is no air appearing in the cylinder. If the rubber boot where the adjuster fits is wet you need to fit a seal kit before you start, any scorpa dealer will have one.

Front pads are different on the scorpa as the disc is narrower but any scorpa dealer can supply.

For the needle information ring Nigel Birkett at Birkett Motosport.

Karl, this is an easy task. First, follow the clutch line down to the slave to find the bleeder screw. This looks the same as any brake caliper bleeder screw. Next, open the clutch master and make sure its full of fluid. Now, squeeze the clutch briskly a number of times until the clutch feels firm. Hold the lever tight to the bar, and open the slave bleeder to watch the fluid pee out under pressure. DO NOT RELEASE the clutch lever until you tighten the bleeder screw. Try this a couple of times, You should be okay. The same procedure could be used to change/flush the fluid completely.

If memory serves right, my 98 scorpa didn't have a bleed nipple at the clutch slave? Haven't had much dealings with them since but regardless - if there isn't a bleed nipple use the banjo bolt as one; pressure the clutch, break the banjo, let fluid run all over the place, tighten the banjo, pressure the clutch etc etc etc until you're happy it's bled. Then wash everything immediately.

or

replace the plain banjo bolt with a bleed nipple type and bleed as normal.

or

if there isn't a banjo and the clutch line screws straight into the slave just loosen and tighten as per the above method - trickier but can be done.

or

improvise and adapt :icon_salut:

GJ :wacko: