Securing bike safely in Galaxy / Alhambra / Sharan

steve

I found that if I compressed the fork legs on my Gas Gas with a ratchet strap it would wheel straight into the back of My Ford Galaxy people carrier with no need for any dismantling of the bike. The bike goes in front wheel in first and is a perfect fit with the rear mudguard just clearing the boot.

I made this rack to hold the bike securely. It simply clips into the slots in the floor where the middle seat would be. What do you think?

DSCF4956.jpg

DSCF4957.jpg

DSCF4954.jpg

Only thing is I've now sold the Galaxy and bought a van!

• 8 months later...

Like the rack, I'm using a Sharan and thinking of making something similar.

Did your rack lock into the seat mountings ?

Thanks

Ross

Looking again at the pictures I think I can see the answer, the rear mount pivots and is then locked with a nut and bolt ?

Edited by B40RT

• 5 weeks later...

Having sold the car months ago I've decided to sell the rack - It's on Ebay now (appologies if I've broken forum rules here - please delete !)

Ross - did you sort yours? Sorry I didn't notice your reply, I can help with more photos if needed.

Ebay listing

Having sold the car months ago I've decided to sell the rack - It's on Ebay now (appologies if I've broken forum rules here - please delete !)

Ross - did you sort yours? Sorry I didn't notice your reply, I can help with more photos if needed.

Ebay listing

Hi Steve

Not done anything as yet, might be a bit awkward to post !

Ross