Cub electronic ignition

oxboy

Hi to all the Tiger Cub boys

Im hoping that somone can give me some feedback on the stator kit from Elextrexworld, i am just about to start a Cub rebuild and have been looking at stator kits PVL etc, but this one does away with the machining needed to fit the others, has anyone fitted one, and how did it perform, any help or advice would be great :unsure:

Regards Bob

Hi Bob

I fitted one of the Electrex kits to a Cub trials I was building a few months ago, it was easy to fit and started 2nd kick and ran great, which helped me to sell the bike the next day.

I've just purchased another kit and fitted it yesterday, haven't started it yet but nice fat spark straight away.

I would recommend them highly

Cheers

Hi Bob

I fitted one of the Electrex kits to a Cub trials I was building a few months ago, it was easy to fit and started 2nd kick and ran great, which helped me to sell the bike the next day.

I've just purchased another kit and fitted it yesterday, haven't started it yet but nice fat spark straight away.

I would recommend them highly

Cheers

Hi Twinshock

Thanks for the reply, one slightly negative, one very positive, ill wait and see if anyone else has any comments before i part with any cash

Thanks again Bob

Hi Oxboy

I can recommend Electrex kits they have a bigger spark at low revs and the advance curve is very smooth. I have fitted quite a few of these to costumers bikes some in place of PVLs. I would recommend fitting it in the same way as PVL on posts. The reason for this if you give the clutch cover a big knock it will alter the air gap. This way PVLs were mounted on posts. Electrex do a kit that mounts in this way but you have to ask for this fitting.

Jack

Edited by Jack_the_lad

Hi Oxboy

I can recommend Electrex kits they have a bigger spark at low revs and the advance curve is very smooth. I have fitted quite a few of these to costumers bikes some in place of PVLs. I would recommend fitting it in the same way as PVL on posts. The reason for this if you give the clutch cover a big knock it will alter the air gap. This way PVL

Hi all

I've got PVL on my cub which I had to have the machining and the post fitted to mount it in the chaincase, It works just fine and has never let me down so I would recommend it, But I went to Netly Marsh Auto Jumble in September and found my way to Ray Smalls stand (cub mods)he had a dfferent way of mounting the PVL by adapting the original fixings on the rear of the chaincase so it was mounted in much the same way as on my bike.

You could still remove the chaincase cover without disturbing the PVL, I think there was a little movement on the mountings to allow for the air gap adjustment between rotor and stator. It looked a well engineered bit of kit probably saving on the cost and time to get crank cases modified, I dont know the cost but if you give Ray a ring Im sure he will give you the info and his advice on cub stuff is always spot on.

Ray Small Cub Mods 02380693183 he is not my dad, uncle or brother just someone who has helped me out

Old Bones