Clutch centre

b40rt

Mine was like that in the Jumbo when I got it. When I found it I thought great, that's why the clutch action is poor (well, crap more accurately) I got another from Martin Matthews and when fitted tried the bike again. Total disappointment, the clutch action was still the same...

Not sure I'd go with 3 springs due to the uneven pattern but I used 4 in the Jumbo without it slipping when trying to get a lighter clutch pull, so you could try that. There are 4 grades of clutch springs for the Rotax which are in stock at Rotax UK if ever you want to try different springs. I'm still trying to cure the graunching, grating, juddering when feeding in the clutch in 3rd or above. It wasn't caused by the broken lug, it's normal.

For a replacement clutch centre, try Martin, or try Malcolm Herbert as he also has a stock of used Rotax/SWM parts for sale (on here as Malcra) or this is a link to his blog

http://www.twinshock.org.uk/

Thanks Woody & Hekto

I just got a selection of springs from Peter Knight (4 soft, 4 medium & 2 hard)

and was going to try a mix of 4 soft and 2 medium to start, when I discovered the

broken off post.

My clutch had 6 hard springs in it, which explained the 2 handed action, didnt slip tho.

I suspect the boss got broken off or damaged, when someone levered against it to bend the tab up

to secure the centre nut.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Ross