NEW Trials Rider, County Durham!

s200rey

Morning all!

Last Friday I purchased myself a 2004 Sherco 290! From a local lad down the road @ Bishop. Then spent the weekend riding down near Croft!...Didn't think it was going to be as good as what my mates were making out etc, but absolutely LOVED it! Even compared to Motocross, Fast Cars etc...at least with this their is places you can go no bother, and have a good time with out any hassle from police etc etc!

Cant wait for this weekend to be honest, by last Sunday I was already getting a feeling for the bike, getting over my first rock, on and off pallets etc some big hills and a few jumps here and their, GOOD FUN!...first time on a trials bike, apart from my first bike when I was 7 or 8 which was a Yamaha TY80 (still own today!) now 21, and this is my first trials bike. Clean thing @ well looked after! Finding it easy to tame at the minute with the slow action throttle! lol....

Cheers guys!!!

IMAG0081.jpg

im similar coming back to trials from enduro, the value for money and relative ease to practice and compete are the big draws over other motorbike sports. But gotta say im loving riding more than i expected, have you started to see sections and obstacles everywhere yet? up the library steps.. along the car park wall.. lol

your bike looks mint!

Yeh its great, cant wait for the weekend (nearly here now) back out on it again! & correct cost effective fun it sure is!!

And yeh 'scottraining' am beginning to get abit like that! I was walking my springer spaniel this morning down by the river which runs behind my house and there was all kinds you could have a go at on a trials bike! lol...but I like the sheer amount of places you can take the bike and ride legally, with out the police coming and wanting to take it from you. Great sport and seems to be a lot of decent people doing it. No little chav's on scrap bikes flying about etc! lol

And yeh I will watch out for that 't-shock' cheers for the heads up...I have had plenty of bikes before this, Yammy TY's, Suzuki RM's, Honda XR's...so it shouldn't be too hard for me to keep an eye out! And with out a doubt am gunna enjoy it! :icon_salut:

Cheers guys, thanks for the warm welcome... :thumbup: