Tire pressure: Michelin X11 vs. Michelin "Trials Light"

funtrials

Help! Got a Michelin "Trials Light" rear tire, used to have the Michelin "X11" rear tire, but don't know what tire pressure to use. With the X11 3.5-4 psi seems to be what people recommend for the rear, but what about the "Trials Light"?

Tire pressure for the X11 might not be relevant here, however, unless you've also used the Trials Light specifically, because I'm of the opinion (I sure don't know everything though!) that they just might be quite different in this regard?

I'm wondering if the Trials Light, being a less stiff tire might require higher pressure than the 3.5-4 psi for the X11?

Edited by Funtrials

Help! Got a Michelin "Trials Light" rear tire, used to have the Michelin "X11" rear tire, but don't know what tire pressure to use. With the X11 3.5-4 psi seems to be what people recommend for the rear, but what about the "Trials Light"?

Tire pressure for the X11 might not be relevant here, however, unless you've also used the Trials Light specifically, because I'm of the opinion (I sure don't know everything though!) that they just might be quite different in this regard?

I'm wondering if the Trials Light, being a less stiff tire might require higher pressure than the 3.5-4 psi for the X11?

Reports seem to be the sidewals are not as resilient, so if running the rocks I would think a bit more pressure would be due! May cost you in the mud, though!

Point being, this technology may have better uses with a minder that adjusts your pressures on the section!

Edited by copemech

It's a case of horses for courses surely; I recently went riding in the mountains of Andorra, first day set off with an IRC ( the must have tyre of choice where I live and normally ride)at c 6 psi,.... 50 kilometeres and it was shredded, I put a michelin X11 on that night and it ran fine for four similar days but it was quite an eye opener to find the relative "hardness" as you change altitude, what I.m saying is that the pressure outside the tyre affects its performance as much as the pressure inside, its just another factor to keep in mind when settin up your tyres.