Clutch

tant68

Bled the cluch but it still does not work' ive ran out of ideas! Has anyone got any ideas please? Im new to the world of trials!

Why did you bleed it in the first place?

Your profile states Sherco 2.9, you posted this in the Gasser threads! Which is it? :rolleyes:

Bled the cluch but it still does not work' ive ran out of ideas! Has anyone got any ideas please? Im new to the world of trials!

The most common problem with clutch bleeding for new riders (used to cable clutch systems) is to have the adjustment screw on the clutch lever in too far. Check that the screw tip on the lever just barely touches the plunger rod that goes through the rubber boot on the master cylinder.

Jon

ME AGAIN,HERE IS MY PROBLEM FOR TODAY,,THE CLUTCH ON MY GASSER125 HAS BEEN WORKING OK UPTILL MY SON HAVING A SHOT OF THE BIKE AND DROPPING IT...CLUTCH IS DRAGGING NOW..I HAVE CHECKED THE FLUID IN THE RESEVOIR AND ITS OK..WHAT DO I DO NEXT...BUY SOME MINERAL BRAKE FLUID AND BLEED THE CLUTCH? OR ARE THE PRONE TO A CERTAIN PART GOING FAULTY...I AM USED TO HONDA QUALITY-NOT THIS...

As long as you've got the correct level of fluid in the reservoir and clearance on the lever these things self bleed. If you open the bleed nipple you're likely to cause yourself grief. Turn the handlebars to full right hand lock (so the lever is the highest part of the system) and gently pull the lever in and out; just move the end of the lever no more than an inch. If you take the top off the reservoir, and the system does need bleeding, you will see minute bubbles in the fluid with each stroke of the lever until the job is done.

Which side did your son drop the bike on? If he dropped it on the clutch side the impact may have loosened the banjo connecting the clutch hose to the top of the case. If this is the problem just tightening may not fix it and you might need to replace the copper washers either side of the banjo itself.

ME AGAIN,HERE IS MY PROBLEM FOR TODAY,,THE CLUTCH ON MY GASSER125 HAS BEEN WORKING OK UPTILL MY SON HAVING A SHOT OF THE BIKE AND DROPPING IT...CLUTCH IS DRAGGING NOW..I HAVE CHECKED THE FLUID IN THE RESEVOIR AND ITS OK..WHAT DO I DO NEXT...BUY SOME MINERAL BRAKE FLUID AND BLEED THE CLUTCH? OR ARE THE PRONE TO A CERTAIN PART GOING FAULTY...I AM USED TO HONDA QUALITY-NOT THIS...

If it was fine before the crash and not after, look for something mechanical on the outside of the bike, like a problem with the lever, loose fitting (you should see weeping oil) or at the master cylinder. Chances are the problem lies on the outside of the engine, not inside.