TXT300 pro

kayloe

Hi Again,

Wanted to check carb over, i notice two adjuster screws on the side one flush and the other proud. I am guessing tick over and mixture? if so can you advise which and how many turns on the mixture? many thanks Kay.

You're right.

The flush screw is for the mixture its usually 3 to 3.1/2 turns out. the more turns out the richer the mixture!

The proud one is the tick over, turn this to suit!

Thanks mate, just checked it is 1 1/2 turns out! from the closed. But on another note i have got to do something about the poor hot starting. I stalled in a section today and could not restart what ever i did. really put me off the bike. :angry:

Thanks mate, just checked it is 1 1/2 turns out! from the closed. But on another note i have got to do something about the poor hot starting. I stalled in a section today and could not restart what ever i did. really put me off the bike. :angry:

1 1/2 turns is not enough,

I'm sure your hot start trouble would be less when you set it to 3 1/2 as it will richen it up a bit.

I have known some people (like the previous owner of my last bike)to turn this screw in to lean it off because the plug keeps fouling. Then I find they are running 50:1 petroil because the book says so and in reality we know 70:1 or 80:1 works better.

1 1/2 turns is not enough,

I'm sure your hot start trouble would be less when you set it to 3 1/2 as it will richen it up a bit.

I have known some people (like the previous owner of my last bike)to turn this screw in to lean it off because the plug keeps fouling. Then I find they are running 50:1 petroil because the book says so and in reality we know 70:1 or 80:1 works better.

Thanks Rich, i have only owned for 2 weeks and previous owner failed to tell me it was an a*** to start when hot. And yes he told me to run on 50:1. Just whipped the carb off for a check over and need to adjust floats as 1 arm is visibly out compared the other? as for jets not sure what they all are lol but here comes a newbie dicription :hyper: middle jet main at a guess is 118. infront of that another smaller jet 35. and to the back left another jet 60. Needle is on seconf clip up from the bottom?

many thanks all for the help.

middle jet main at a guess is 118. infront of that another smaller jet 35. and to the back left another jet 60. Needle is on seconf clip up from the bottom?

Those settings are same as mine except for the 35 jet I have a 33 jet but my bike is a 250cc. I've not got the spec to confirm this for the 300, maybe another 300 owner could.

The float heights should obviously be the same as each other but if you set them toward the higher position (only by 1/2 a millimetre) this can also help your hot starting.

Those settings are same as mine except for the 35 jet I have a 33 jet but my bike is a 250cc. I've not got the spec to confirm this for the 300, maybe another 300 owner could.

The float heights should obviously be the same as each other but if you set them toward the higher position (only by 1/2 a millimetre) this can also help your hot starting.

Thanks mate, i have set to 3.5 turns out from the closed, never smoked before but does now lol, anone confirm 3.5 turns out will be ok for a 300 TXT please.

cheers Kay

Edited by Kayloe

Yep its about right 3 ish turns out. Also the plug gap needs to be 0.5mm which helps starting issues.

I put 75ml oil in 5L fuel and it runs really well.

Thanks for the info on this, will do anything to to try and get the starting a little better.