rev 80 engine

watty

ive heard that the engines used in the rev 80s & 50s are made by ktm is this true cos ive had competition clutch on back order for about 8 months now so im looking for another avenue to get one may be ktm dealer!

Actually the the old KTM 50 & 65 motors where built by Beta. The Beta 80 motor is the same basic motor as a KTM 65 through '09, though the power is not the same at all. Not sure if the clutches will interchange though.

Actually the the old KTM 50 & 65 motors where built by Beta. The Beta 80 motor is the same basic motor as a KTM 65 through '09, though the power is not the same at all. Not sure if the clutches will interchange though.

thanks for your advice will stripe clutch out and take at trip to local ktm dealer to match up.

Th rev 80 is basiclly a KTM engine and the KTM 65 clutch fits straight on to the 80, I know because I fitted one on my lads bike a few weeks ago, the only difference is the mx 65 has a cush drive fitted which gives a split second delay when releasing the clutch not that my lad notices,the Beta 80 clutch plates fit straight in also, the ring gear and pinion gear are the same we have had no problems as yet, I fitted one because Lampkins have a back order which would have took weeks to turn up, other than that the mx clutches are alot cheaper. hope this helps

Th rev 80 is basiclly a KTM engine and the KTM 65 clutch fits straight on to the 80, I know because I fitted one on my lads bike a few weeks ago, the only difference is the mx 65 has a cush drive fitted which gives a split second delay when releasing the clutch not that my lad notices,the Beta 80 clutch plates fit straight in also, the ring gear and pinion gear are the same we have had no problems as yet, I fitted one because Lampkins have a back order which would have took weeks to turn up, other than that the mx clutches are alot cheaper. hope this helps

the clutch i took off a ktm 65,there was a difference in the crown wheel and the pinion i had to change both parts and also one of them runs with a bush and the other has a needle roller bearing . picked up one on ebay some one had kept as a spare while racing. as far as i can remember the plates where the same hope this helps to get your bike back on the road and keep the price of parts down. which part you actually after?

the clutch i took off a ktm 65,there was a difference in the crown wheel and the pinion i had to change both parts and also one of them runs with a bush and the other has a needle roller bearing . picked up one on ebay some one had kept as a spare while racing. as far as i can remember the plates where the same hope this helps to get your bike back on the road and keep the price of parts down. which part you actually after?

My bike is a 2004 Beta and the clutch I used was off a KTM SX 65 06 model it went straight on but I did have to use the KTM gear pinion with it.

• 2 weeks later...