Help!

kayloe

Thanks for the help so far but feel i have bought a pig! I noticed on first ride that the clutch was pulling really bad, probably worse than people had advised and i felt it needed attention. On inspection it looked like oil had been in the water, checked pump and shaft is worn so i need a repair kit. On gasgas waterpump video it shows a small washer between the inpellor and brass screw, mine does not have one! should there be one on my model?

Next i removed the clutch cover to find it had been cracked and metal filled! on inspection i think idler gear has been changed but cracked case refitted, so need a new case too. On to the clutch to see if i can figure out why it is poor, again on gasgas video it shows a bearing and washer on the top hat, mine does not have these? are they missing? Finally the plastic kickstart stop looks worn can this be replaced easily.

many thanks Kay

Thanks for the help so far but feel i have bought a pig! I noticed on first ride that the clutch was pulling really bad, probably worse than people had advised and i felt it needed attention. On inspection it looked like oil had been in the water, checked pump and shaft is worn so i need a repair kit. On gasgas waterpump video it shows a small washer between the inpellor and brass screw, mine does not have one! should there be one on my model?

Next i removed the clutch cover to find it had been cracked and metal filled! on inspection i think idler gear has been changed but cracked case refitted, so need a new case too. On to the clutch to see if i can figure out why it is poor, again on gasgas video it shows a bearing and washer on the top hat, mine does not have these? are they missing? Finally the plastic kickstart stop looks worn can this be replaced easily.

many thanks Kay

sorry to hear your problems it sounds like when re built bits were left in a tin or similar vessel, check out your video again any parts can be replaced but its all extra money, it seems to had a hard life all the best Des.

sorry to hear your problems it sounds like when re built bits were left in a tin or similar vessel, check out your video again any parts can be replaced but its all extra money, it seems to had a hard life all the best Des.

Yes, when i viewed the bike the condition looked good. wheels and suspension really clean, no wear in linkages or bearings so thought it was a good bike but the engine now showing some issues :angry:

The plastic kick start stop in easy to replace, you have to remove the clutch basket, idler gear and kick start shaft to get to it,

You will see there is a hole at about 3 O'Clock to the KS stop, I put a piece of cloth in there to stop the little Allen bolt falling into the engine (if it did you would have to split to crankcases to get it out) leave the cloth in there when your fitting the new one.

there should be a washer either end of the KS shaft these are important too.

washer and bearing should be on top hat. I split the crankcase on mine due to not employing the correct starting method,

Sounds like its had a rebuild done badly then sold on. Ring GasGas UK and you get an option for tech support a Mr Hipwell will give you unlimited advise and explain how to carry out work on anything you need to know.

The idle gear is a common failure on a Gasser even if you slowly engage the kickstart then kick. This usually ends up with a noise and if unlucky twists the kickstart shaft and cracks the engine casing. To inspect the idle gear it must be remove as its the inner side that wears.

The clutch has a roller bearing and washer.

You could always ring the seller and point out its not fit for purpose and aks for some resolve as selling something faulty is not on.