Experiences with OKO and Keihin carbs?

coriolis

Hi all,

I got myself a new 2011 290 sherco, and i am not a great fan of the 28mm delorto carb. Seems un-responsive at the bottom, and overall performance is sporadic at best.

Im thinking about fitting a Keihin, having heard good things about them in the past, but after searching for a while on the forums here, many people seem to favor the OKO 26mm, or even 24mm equivelants.

Love to know as many opinions as possible on any of these carbs.

Id like to go with the OKO as they are cheap as chips, but am prepared to pay the extra if the keihin warranted it.

Look forward to hearing from you all :)

As I am totally unsure about the 28mm VHST carbs myself, best thing I can tell you is for basic simplicity and reliability, just go back to the Dellorto 26 PHBL that has been used for years. One should be able to find a good one(take off) very reasonably priced.

The kiehin and Oko are kinda fiddly, require quite a bit of setup and such, and even though I am running a 24 OKO on the 2.9, I would not recommend one to most, too much work!

The Oko's are a bit rough around the edges as compared to their more costly parent version, but do work ok if you just need to go that direction. :rolleyes: Still even with that, I think the 26 would be a better start.

All said, the 24 Oko is only a bit smoother on the 2.9 as compared to my well tuned dellorto standard. I am sure there may be some lacking in the upper range as compared to the larger carbs, yet as compared to the 26 Dell, I cannot really tell it. As such a 26 Oko would be my best advise for a person with the inkling to tinker!

Edited by copemech

hey,

i used the 24 mm oko on the 4stroke sherco

it worked great, first kick starter and a lot smoother to ride

i find the oko a really good carb but it has to be set up right (not easy if you have little experience)

i would not use the 24 mm on a 2stroke if you want more power take the 28 mm if you want the bike to be soft and smooth take the 26mm

on my gasgas i have a delorto 26 mm now and that works good to.

best regards bob

Thanks guys,

I had no problems with the standard 26mm delorto when i ran them a few years ago, I had them down to a fine art. This newer 28mm though, seems so sporadic, its unreal.

I have been told today though, that the kehin and oko wont fit my bike as the cdi is in the way .

Maybe ill stick with it for a while longer, see if i cant work the kinks out!