What year Sherco is this?

tayto94

Rear mudguard is 99. But the tank is 2000. Forks are either 99 or early 2000 (they changed to non-adjustable type mid 2000)

Best guess is 2000 in my opinion. It is 100% NOT any newer than 2000!

Ive ridden sherco for 11 years now, so i know what to look for.

Is that 1000 euro hes looking for? bit on the pricey side id say. Doesnt look in great condidtion.

Sherco only made 2 stroke bikes until 05, when they introduced their first 4t model. ALL sherco trials bikes are carburated. NON are injected.

I owned the 290cc version from the same year and it was a great bike, so i would reccomend it for a begginer. Things to note are the thermostats are prone to giving up (Quite expensive), and the plastics for this year are also quite brittle, and also expensive.

Looking at the pic, it looks like it would at least need a clutch lever (bent), a fork seal (oil rings around r/h fork stantion?), and possibly chain & sprockets (chain looks slack & most likley buggerd)

Your loooking at

Rear mudguard is 99. But the tank is 2000. Forks are either 99 or early 2000 (they changed to non-adjustable type mid 2000)

Best guess is 2000 in my opinion. It is 100% NOT any newer than 2000!

Ive ridden sherco for 11 years now, so i know what to look for.

Is that 1000 euro hes looking for? bit on the pricey side id say. Doesnt look in great condidtion.

Sherco only made 2 stroke bikes until 05, when they introduced their first 4t model. ALL sherco trials bikes are carburated. NON are injected.

I owned the 290cc version from the same year and it was a great bike, so i would reccomend it for a begginer. Things to note are the thermostats are prone to giving up (Quite expensive), and the plastics for this year are also quite brittle, and also expensive.

Looking at the pic, it looks like it would at least need a clutch lever (bent), a fork seal (oil rings around r/h fork stantion?), and possibly chain & sprockets (chain looks slack & most likley buggerd)

Your loooking at £70-£80 there.

rear linkage is most likley shot. New bearings and bushes wil set you back £60 or so.

Brake pads will need checking.

Water needs checking.

Gear box Oil will most likley need changing.

Lots of things to take into condideration, especially at the asking price!

Shout back if you have any more questions

Right, thats confirmed what I thought. Too old, looking for something newer than that.

had copped the chain-sprockets and clutch lever but good spot on the oil on fork! At that confirmed it is def over priced.!

Have another one I was looking at for around the grand € mark. . . What yous think? and anything particular to look out for?(apart from the above mentioned)

good - bad points . its an 04 250.

04sherco.jpg

cheers

Edited by tayto94

Its always worth writing down the frame number, and double checking the year with Rathmells.

Its a common trick to sell, lets say, an 03 as on 05. Its easy to do because the plastics are pretty much the only difference.

Ive known it happen quite a lot.