Beamish 325 loss of spark in the cold.

andy m

A mate is trying to sort out a Beamish 325 which when cold does not have a spark but when the cdi box has been left in the warm for a while has a decent spark and runs well. Take the cdi off put it outside until cold and no spark again.(he is a m/c mechanic so knows his onions) Has anyone here had a similar problem or a cure or a part number or idea of a replacement for the cdi box ??? Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

I dont think I'd want to trust a unit like that,yesterday a mates 240 Fantic packed up right at the bottom of the valley at our trial yesterday - couldnt have chosen the car park to fail. :angry:

Anyway my suggestion is to talk to the people at Electrex World,with all the kit they do now they should be the ones to help.

Thanks Jon, :thumbup: Electrex don't do any for the 325. Owners club website not responding. Ebay USA have loads of CDI's (same as TS 185/250),nothing here though. Remind me never to get tempted by a Beamish..... :icon_salut:

PS what's happened to the Serow project ??

Edited by bo drinker

The Serow has about an inch of dust on it.I basically have everything except time to finish it,buying the HT5 hasnt helped,or the Ducati.Or taking on the job of trials sec for bath Classic....

It will get done though,just so much to do all the time.As soon as the HT is usable the Serow will be next cos the Ducati is a summer tool that can wait a bit. :thumbup:

We just dont learn,I've also got 4 land Rovers to look after,one of which will be a ground up rebuild with a galvanised chassis,200TDI engine etc.Then theres that 1968/9 247 Cota and a couple more TY250's......

And I'd really like a vintage car to play with,then theres vintage tractors - for some reason my wife is dead against me having a tractor,cant understand it. :rolleyes: