update on fan motor replacement

greg

Having bought a replacement fan and studied bigfoots instructions didnt fancy it,so i took bike to a local fella to sort it,picked it up sunday afternoon. As we are rural i thought i'd take it down the lane opposite our house to see how it was.I wouldnt normally do this having had my 06 nicked i keep it out sight.After 10-15 mins every thing seemed fine,but rear brake seemed spongy. I was riding in and out of a dike,middle of nowhere. I noticed a bloke looking at me, then shut a gate and padlocked it.I rode over poliely asked if he would open it. "No.And i've rung the police". About a mile and a half across fields , dykes,lanes etc.etc. down the next the neighbours back garden parked it up in my garage.I could see local plods car parked on the road opposite, what i didnt see was two police x-trails down the lane,then the Fu***ng helicopter appear from behind the houses.As the bike was away in the garage had a stroll over, and asked them what was up,"MOTORBIKER UPSETTING THE RESIDENTS" came the reply.So i told them it was me,and they could now manage without putting the country in an even worse state, wasting money on an expensive helicopter.Ended up having name and address taken and told them i was on a ZX1000. To be honest,they were ok. The fans fine but back brake seems to have gone.........

Having bought a replacement fan and studied bigfoots instructions didnt fancy it,so i took bike to a local fella to sort it,picked it up sunday afternoon. As we are rural i thought i'd take it down the lane opposite our house to see how it was.I wouldnt normally do this having had my 06 nicked i keep it out sight.After 10-15 mins every thing seemed fine,but rear brake seemed spongy. I was riding in and out of a dike,middle of nowhere. I noticed a bloke looking at me, then shut a gate and padlocked it.I rode over poliely asked if he would open it. "No.And i've rung the police". About a mile and a half across fields , dykes,lanes etc.etc. down the next the neighbours back garden parked it up in my garage.I could see local plods car parked on the road opposite, what i didnt see was two police x-trails down the lane,then the Fu***ng helicopter appear from behind the houses.As the bike was away in the garage had a stroll over, and asked them what was up,"MOTORBIKER UPSETTING THE RESIDENTS" came the reply.So i told them it was me,and they could now manage without putting the country in an even worse state, wasting money on an expensive helicopter.Ended up having name and address taken and told them i was on a ZX1000. To be honest,they were ok. The fans fine but back brake seems to have gone.........

Sounds like you got away lightly.

I wonder if so many resources would have been deployed had you rung up to say a gang of scruffy types has nicked your bike and were loading it into the back of a Transit van?

Sounds like you got away lightly.

I wonder if so many resources would have been deployed had you rung up to say a gang of scruffy types has nicked your bike and were loading it into the back of a Transit van?

Having spoken to the residents i was upsetting (neighbours) it has since become apparent that the fella is setting up a smallholding, the "said" gate is illegal as its blocking a right of way, his dogs have attacked numerous dog walkers,there is a petition against noise he is creating,and he is a full on prick.I wasnt aware who he was,but i am now!

As in my post, about my stolen bike i said to the police much of the same as you have said, the answer was "everybody throws that one at us".

Had they caught me riding the bike it may have been a different story.

sounds like you should have been prosecuted have you not heard of competing