sherco 290

thunderslug123

Hi there,was wondering if anyone could help with my sherco 290 2001 model. The bike starts no problem and runs well but once you get into higher rev range its like its starving itself of fuel and loses power but runs great until higher revs are needed,I done piston rings and top end bearing and put new top end gaskets on as well as there was a top end rattle when i bought the bike so i stripped it straight away and as i never took bike out after i bought it,im unsure if it was like this before i done the work,I have had the carb off and cleaned everything twice with carb cleaner etc but still the same although it feels like its a carb problem to me,its like when the chokes left on on your bike and it wont rev properly until you put it off,,,Any ideas anyone???? thanks

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, it might be worth trying a different plug just in case that ones faulty ? unlikely but you never

know

cheers

That was what i thought too originally but i bought a set of 6 new plugs and so far i`ve tried 3!!!!! its a strange one why it wont rev because at lower revs it runs great,thanks!

i'm no expert on this at all, but i had a problem with mine which was traced to a perished "o" ring on the idle screw which was letting air in. maybe shove a bit of grease on it, see if that helps.(if it does, then you can replace it) what size jets are you running? maybe a kink in the fuel breather pipe too?

good luck !!

Caddabs