cold start problem

rockyrider

I sent Rockyrider a note on this already, but long story short, you can go up froma 60 or 70 to an 80. The 80(0.80mm) is .0315 in.

A #68 drill is .031 and a 1/32 drill is .0316 if you do not feel like ordering a jet.

Another thing that comes to mind. Aviation gas seems to atomize well in the cooler temps. :rolleyes:

Having done a fair amount of work on my clutch, I really have not had any sticking issues after sitting it seems, but to err on the safe side, I still usually run through the ritual drill of placing in gear and rocking the bike for and aft a bit untill they free up under that non running state. WITH choke pre positioned to cold start.

This does rotate the motor a bit, seems just enough to get a bit of vacume going through the carb and a bit of fuel up to vaporize.

Still having the OKO on, in moderately cold temps of 40-50 F, I have actually been somewhat surprised by one kick starting.

As we are in a warmer climate, the dellortos would have fits at even these temps. At freezing levels, forget it! Just lay the bike down!

Pity I never modded my own to try, so you gotta let us know just how much difference it does make. Yet I do think all these little tricks should help. Seems to help in the great white north of Oklahoma, according to Jon. But trust me, it does get cold there accross the plains.

Thats my bike to a tee, 40-50F she"s a three kick. But down around freezing she must be laid down. Darn now, i'm gonna have to get serious, ya got me wondering......is it a #60, 70, or what? Only thing is, i hate it when my fingers freeze.! I guess i'll have to spend 15 or 20 mins. And wrestle it off and into the cellar for further inspection, besides, it'll be a good time to test it while it's still cold out.