Which Scorpa. ?

afk40

Hi Guys,, Merry Christmas tae ye`s all...I havent had many posts on here, but always look in now an again,, but im gettin ma sel ready to be on here a whole lot.. i want a trials bike... i have always been a 4stroke buff, although in times past ave had a climber,, a couple o 270 beta`s an an old Gas gas.. i have had as well 2 TLR250`s,, wish ad have kept them... the price o them is unbelievable...

sayin all that, i havent been on a Trials bike fur a few years, but I just know ive still got it in me, an ave still the bug.. am 52,,, an hittin 20 stone,,, 6`5", am tall, an ye cant see ma belly,, but i assure ye`s its there... but am looking fur tae get maself a Trials,, an as i said I like the 4Strokes, an what comes to mind is the Scorpa sy250.. can anyone tell me if the sy125, with the 143cc engine is capable o pullin me... Id say when warmed up my ability to do trials is amature, or maybe a bit better,,, Ive had many many on Road Trail bikes....an I mean MANY.. but as ye`s know the trials world is a different world all the gither.

so shopuld I hang out fur a nice 250 an i`d prefer a Road reg one... or as ave the chance of a 143cc one,,, will that do the same job.?? an do you think it will suit me.. ma height weight an age....sayin that dont let the age fool ye... I know how tae Handle off road bikes,, an on road well....

so Please I`m looking forward tae anyones opinion of my requests.. 143 cc or hang out fur the 250,, whats the difference in POWER. Torque,? if ad enough money,, id bend oer backwards fur a Sy250 T ride... now thats wit a like.. but ad also like a long tank range one.. but in all fussyness if that is even a word, any will do,, as long as it can pull ma weight.. if ye know of any, please let me know an PM me is theirt a for sale section here... i have 1500 to spend.... so roll them up, an keep them commin.... well any ?. cheers. john

a scorpa sy 250 4t is a good bike with mega power .ok if your not just a novice rider.the 175 4t model is a great bike ,think its around a 160cc and able to pull your weight easy and will be good on the road,but not alot for sale.you would strugle to get a 250 for around

cheers Fur That willie......... can you if possible or anyone else fur that matter tell me what makes do 4 strokes... i have the chance of a scorpa 125, and a 143 scorpa, fur around the grand mark... ive watched a few vids on the 125, ann it seems ok,, so maybe as ye say the 143 wid be jist that wee bit better..I know its in the skill.. an in trials Power isnt everything,, am not new to the sport,,, ave had a few trilas bikes.. an am not afraid tae tackle anything... but really a thought ma 1500 wid get me a good yin.. eh!!!

cheers Fur That willie......... can you if possible or anyone else fur that matter tell me what makes do 4 strokes... i have the chance of a scorpa 125, and a 143 scorpa, fur around the grand mark... ive watched a few vids on the 125, ann it seems ok,, so maybe as ye say the 143 wid be jist that wee bit better..I know its in the skill.. an in trials Power isnt everything,, am not new to the sport,,, ave had a few trilas bikes.. an am not afraid tae tackle anything... but really a thought ma 1500 wid get me a good yin.. eh!!!

when did the 4T start from.. what year, an can someone let me know what Trials bikes have the 4T engine, so if I have to look fur something else.. I`l know what tae look fur... how many in the range of Scorpas etc, an whats the models. ? if ye`s can...alyou diehard trials buffs out there wi Mega post counts....cheers

Hi there

Scorpa TYS125 4T started in 2004 (available December 2003) I had one of the first ones, kept it for a couple of years and it brought my riding on no end. Fantastic little bike. The next iterations were the 143cc and then finally 163cc - (confusingly named 175 and 200!) after selling my 125 in 2006 I went back to Scorpa and got a 2008 SY200 this year (which was really hard to find !) The last models are the 2008 - you will struggle after that. The main problem is availibility of bikes - no one sells them ! My advice if you can get a reasonable condition 143cc is to buy it and try it. It should be more than adequate for easy route trials. If you dont like it - you can always sell on and will lose no money. As regards power/weight, Im a bit ligther at 12 stone, but I would say I have a Honda TL125 which I trial, its got a bog standard 125 engine with all of 4bhp - but it grips tremendous mainly through being relatively 'underpowered' and predictable.

My advice - buy and try !!

Hope this helps

cheers

John

Edited by John B

Hi there

Scorpa TYS125 4T started in 2004 (available December 2003) I had one of the first ones, kept it for a couple of years and it brought my riding on no end. Fantastic little bike. The next iterations were the 143cc and then finally 163cc - (confusingly named 175 and 200!) after selling my 125 in 2006 I went back to Scorpa and got a 2008 SY200 this year (which was really hard to find !) The last models are the 2008 - you will struggle after that. The main problem is availibility of bikes - no one sells them ! My advice if you can get a reasonable condition 143cc is to buy it and try it. It should be more than adequate for easy route trials. If you dont like it - you can always sell on and will lose no money. As regards power/weight, Im a bit ligther at 12 stone, but I would say I have a Honda TL125 which I trial, its got a bog standard 125 engine with all of 4bhp - but it grips tremendous mainly through being relatively 'underpowered' and predictable.

My advice - buy and try !!

Hope this helps

cheers

John

HiJohn.. Thanks fur that,, I have been searching the whole of the web like crazy, looking fur info on the 4t scorpa.. really anyone.. an their hard to come by.. an thats not the ones fur sale either.. I was wanting to know, what years that Scorpa brought out their 4ts wether it is a 125, 143.160,250. as most pics i see of the bikes, anywhere all show ye pics of the offside. what can i look fur in a picture of the right side to tell me its a 4t.. as teh 2t`s look the same other than the bulge in the exhaust,, an ye only see that if theres a pic o the left side.. is their any links to ANY websites, that gives ye pics o the syf`s am NOT interested in any 2t`s only 4t.ive had in the past, 2 honda TLR 250s and i had an italjet Scott 350 with the Ducat engine.. i wish id have kept all 3 off them now,, as ad be a rich man... the Scott, ave now found out, they only ever made 100 off them.. anyway any links John wid be great,, an especially wi Pics.. if ye want tae email me please do, at tichrich@blueyonder.co.uk wi even some pics o yer own.. an maybe some pitfalls to look out fur. i have the chance of a 143cc... its really a 125 but wi a 143 kit in it... whats the kind o money am expected to pay fur any of the syf range.. even if ye email me , if ye dont want tae tell everyone... is their a following after the 4t range. i prefer them as i like 4t`s, av never been a 2t man..i like the torque. amongst a few other things... anyway John. if ye email me a`l look forward tae opening it up. cheers . afk/john

Ringing Birketts is a good bet - they know everything scorpa !

Chronologicallly,the 4Ts went:-

125 introduced 2004 and available every year to 2008/9

143cc introduced 2005 - some problems with early ones on piston slap but this was solved quickly

163cc introduced 2007/8 - by far the best !

All of these have the same basic bulletproof aircooled engine.

As far as prices, they start at around