transporting evo

bruces670

bit of a daft question but since changing to an evo with fat bars i find it harder to ratchet strap down as the rev3 had the brace across the top of the handlebars which stopped the hooks riding up with the evo they slide up to the resevoirs,what do you guys do?

I have used the straps that fit over the grips on my track day bike, they work very well. I dont use them on my EVO though, i dont have a problem of the strap moving up the bar. can you move your tie down points in a bit, they sound to be too wide.

I have fat bars on my '08 Rev3 but I don't let the hooks sit on the bars anymore since I noticed wear on the bars from them moving during transport. Kinda freaked me out knowing how little it takes for a stressed piece of metal like the bars to snap once they get a knick in them.

I use runners (strap loops) that climbers use to carry stuff. Just loop them around the bars and attach the tiedowns to them instead of the bars.