Which jets for a 315?

jes42

Can anyone tell me what jetting I should have in my '04 315? I've stripped and cleaned the carb and the bikes running ok but seems a little "weak" off the bottom end? Cant see any wear or damage to needle or slide but I can change 'em if needed. Not sure what jets are in at present. Any and all advice on carb set up will be greatly received!!! Cheers guys.

Can anyone tell me what jetting I should have in my '04 315? I've stripped and cleaned the carb and the bikes running ok but seems a little "weak" off the bottom end? Cant see any wear or damage to needle or slide but I can change 'em if needed. Not sure what jets are in at present. Any and all advice on carb set up will be greatly received!!! Cheers guys.

What carb have you got?

Dellorto, air screw to the left of tickover screw. I've got that 4 turns out. Thanks.

Sounds about right. Have you tried adjusting the mixture screw - by the way on that carb it's a fuel screw - by richening it up a bit? In this cold weather it might need a fair bit of adjustment. The other thing I had last year when it was cold and damp was the carb icing up. The bike would run but never felt right, particularly low down. I got round it in the end by riding around as best I could for 10 - 15 minutes to get some heat in the engine and then leaving the thing switched off for 5 or so minutes so the heat got into the carb. It was fine after that. Maybe something to think about?

Sounds about right. Have you tried adjusting the mixture screw - by the way on that carb it's a fuel screw - by richening it up a bit? In this cold weather it might need a fair bit of adjustment. The other thing I had last year when it was cold and damp was the carb icing up. The bike would run but never felt right, particularly low down. I got round it in the end by riding around as best I could for 10 - 15 minutes to get some heat in the engine and then leaving the thing switched off for 5 or so minutes so the heat got into the carb. It was fine after that. Maybe something to think about?

To richen it up do I screw it out further on this carb? Also, now you mention it, it was really cold last time out so the carb could have been iced up. Am out tomorrow so will have a play with the mixture screw and see what happens. Thanks for the help.