Pre 65 Scottish 2011

metisse

as is the organisers perogative they select the entry some call it a ballot some do not. at the end of the day its the organisers event and they can accept who they want without explanation. i suspect though that if a legal challenge were to be made all sorts of issues could be raised so in the interest of clarity and to prevent such challenges ( for they will come eventually, as people are sueing for been denied hotel rooms and poor teachers whilst at school) then a defined format should be declared.

Edited by totalshell

As it says on the Scottish Pre65 Regulations:-

"The Organisers reserve the right to allocate a number of entries at their discretion. Should the event be

over-subscribed all other entries will be selected by ballot."

The events are sponsored by the tourist board so they want an entry to attract spectators. That's why well known riders and unusual machines get in. I understand that there were more entries on Cubs than ever. Visitors don't want to see a procession of these lightweights.

The rest of us have to cross our fingers. 'Twas ever thus!

I'm well down the reserve list so fingers crossed.

so i would enter on an exotic machine i would have a bigger chance?

seems fair idd its not nice to see the same bike been ridden all the time

if this makes the entry more divers thats OK by me, always nice to see something special or really old

best regards bob