beta synt question

danster

I just picked up a very cheap beta synt with knowing it needed work. The to areas of concern are the rear brakes and top end noise.

The rear brakes needed to be bled and in the process of doing that I disconnected the brake line from the calliper and a ball bearing fell out. What is this bearing for, at this point the brakes are bled and the ball was not put back in.

The other area of concern is the top end rattle, the bike starts first kick and seams to run well I am hesitant to ride it like this. Listening to it with a screwdriver all the sounds are coming from the top end so it looks like piston and possibly more so where are parts available for this bike in Canada more specifically Vancouver Island?

OK update just pulled the cylinder and worst case scenario bottom connecting rod bearing is very worn so what are the chances of repairing that? I can pull the engine apart and reassemble it myself but can I send the crank to be rebuilt or just try to find another engine?

So out it comes, engine removed. Is there a manual for this bike available? 92/93 beta synt.

Hope you have some motorcycle repair savy because I think Beta sent their repair manual builder person out to pick figs and olives. The information book or disk that came with my EVO is the same as most other bike manufactures sales promotion lituature.

Engine disassembly in progress just need a flywheel puller does anyone know what size the tool is?

Hope you have some motorcycle repair savy because I think Beta sent their repair manual builder person out to pick figs and olives. The information book or disk that came with my EVO is the same as most other bike manufactures sales promotion lituature.

• 2 weeks later...

Flywheel tool is 26x1.5mm a local shop pulled it off for me. Is there any chance that other model engine will fit (that is more abundant or easier to find not much onfo on synt's)? There is a fair bit of corrosion in the water pump area it didn't seem to be leaking but not sure how long it will last. The engine is apart and awaiting parts or a replacement engine or possibly give up on it due to the corrosion and possibly parts cost?

• 1 month later...

Well rebuilt crank, new crank bearings, crank seals piston and rings, the engine is all back together and awaiting insertion into frame. Swingarm cracks getting welded. What I thought was a good deal turned out costing about the same as a good running bike I guess it was my turn to learn that one.

Does anyone know what mixture should be run in a 93 synt? Also what type of oil should be in the gear case?