Gas Gas 250 pro

leeross

ive got some engine ice..

Not sure what coolant was in there before i bought the bike. shall i just top up with engine ice or flush the whole system.

If so how do i drain the coolant and will i need to bleed the system?

thanks guys

pointing forward reserve,down on, back off.remove fuel tank,and remove radiator cap.top up with coolant , not water,fill right up and will find its own level when running.

ive got some engine ice..

Not sure what coolant was in there before i bought the bike. shall i just top up with engine ice or flush the whole system.

If so how do i drain the coolant and will i need to bleed the system?

thanks guys

the pro's have a black waterpump on the wet side case (clutch). there is a brass cap bearing slash drain plug, uses NOT an allen wrench, but a torx. remove that and the cap on radiator, you will get "most" of it out that way, you can lean over and what have ya to get more out. I will mention might as well just take the hose off the pump, only because as sure as it hasnt happened to me, you could lose that little washer behind that brass cap. that cap is actually a bearing for the Waterpump shaft. see this so you know what all is there. http://www.youtube.com/user/GASGASinfo#p/u/23/AEqQvL23bgs

As far as putting back in, fill it up, make POSITIVE that the vent hose is NOT blocked or pinched, ride a little and recheck.

I dont know for sure about bleed system, if you are saying like some cars, that trap air in coolant system, I dont think you will have that problem, ride a bit to warm, check level. should be close to the neck, if you over full (in to where cap seals) it will push out the vent, kinda self leveling.

Good luck.

I filled mine there was no air trapped. Just fill it up and run it for a few minutes then top up if required.

I would drain out the existing coolant before putting engine ice, This way the engine ice would work most effectively.