2009 evo clutch advice?

barryw

Hi i've owned a 2009 beta evo 4T for 6 months now but am finding it hard to get to grips with. The clutch seems to be like an on off switch not giving me much control. When in a situation where i need to use the clutch its so aggressive when released I lose traction.

The bike had been fitted with a 10t front sprocket before I bought it.

I wondered if this was how the latest bikes are or if it is a problem with the bike?

Thanks Barry

Theres a beta clutch fix on here somewhere, someone might know where it is or be able to search for it. i did it on my 2009 beta and it did make it better. It basically involved filing the glue out from between the clutch plates so that the oil in clutch moves between them better.

Theres a beta clutch fix on here somewhere, someone might know where it is or be able to search for it. i did it on my 2009 beta and it did make it better. It basically involved filing the glue out from between the clutch plates so that the oil in clutch moves between them better.

actually here it is:

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/28407-the-beta-clutch-fix/