Beta Radiator

bob

BRILLIANT!

I have fitted the new bushes and they went on a treat! It was abit of a push getting the radiator into the correct place but i mnaged it. It looks alot better too. I decided to replace the screw type bolts which were on it with ordinary hexagonal topped bolts which should not collect mud like alien bolts and are alot easier to udo than the origonal screwdriver bolts. Plus I now have a spare metalstick bush because I managed to glue one back together with superglue, so I hung on to that one.

My dad went to my local dealer to get two bushes and the guy didn't know what he was on about when he used either name you suggested. He showed him the one off the bike and after much thinking said 'oh yeah, an exhust bobbin' (spelling mistake intentional)

They know nowt at that place. Twice I have phoned up for advice and they have give totally incorrect advice which is why I started using this website.

Thanks

Pleased you got it sorted bob..and that you didnt end up just using zip ties.

At least your Beta will still look Boootifull now!! ;) ...DOnt be too hard on yer dealer mate..after all, even on here we couldnt all agree what they're called!!...at least now, you know every name possible for next time! :D

yep, he don't know noet about th bikes but he has it all in stock and he is a good bloke which is why I use him because if you show him what you want he usually wil give it to you and chuck something in with it (got a free bottle of motul oil last time i went there!)

There are cheaper dealers but they are abit dodgy, i prefer to stay local and above the law as much as possible.

FYI header pipe removal

You should have a good set of allen keys that look like this...

allenkey.jpg

So all you have to do is...

header.jpg

There you have it.

Bob you need an impact driver for the screws.

If you want to know how to remove or replace anything chances are ill be able to help.

betaframe.jpg

thanks for your help, a little late now as I managed to get round it without taking the header pipe off. I used an impact driver to get the screws out. Wh yd they use them crappy screws everywhere, especially where they weil get rusty quickly?????? Screws on the coil were ok as they were kept dry.

I took a picture but I went to a trial on sunday and despite a really good wash my bike still isn't clean which is why everything is dirty in the pic, but it isn't actually as dirty as it looks!

post-5-1109703792.jpg

Edited by bob