Is my gear selector drum set up right? TXT 200

colsy

Hi all,

Been re-building my GGTXT200 yr 2000 up after doing the crank bearings. I took the casing and selector drum to my local trials shop after I got stuck setting it up. The guy there kindly set it up for me. I put the two gear clusters back in, and with the drum in the neutral position, put the selctor forks in. I tried running through the gears but somethings wrong. with the selector drum in neutral, both clusters rotate..I can go one gear down..but not up the clusters seize. Can someone take a look at the photo below..Is my drum/sprung snubbers set up correctly..it's the only thing I can think of which can cause the problem.

Cheers,

Col.

P1010418.jpg

P1010419.jpg

Not sure exactly what all you had apart during the repair, but normally if things lock down when engageing a gear, it either means the mating gears are incorrect or there is more than one set of gear elements engaged at the same time.

This could be caused by something as simple as a shim washer out of position not allowing one set of gear elements to disengage fully(as can happen with a bent or misplaced shift fork .

Hopefully you can spot the problem by removing the left case half and rotating things in neutral detent as there should be no sliders off center and no elements engaged and the gear clusters should rotate freely independantly!

Hope that helps :rolleyes:

Edited by copemech

I think that the first gear on the output shaft is on upside down[the gear that you can see through the slots in the case]! the gear will fit on the shaft either way but when in stalled wrong it will lock the transmission

Don't ask how I know this!!!!!!!!!

When you split the cases this gear usually falls off and if your not paying attention it's easy to put it on backwards :thumbup:

I think that the first gear on the output shaft is on upside down[the gear that you can see through the slots in the case]! the gear will fit on the shaft either way but when in stalled wrong it will lock the transmission

Don't ask how I know this!!!!!!!!!

When you split the cases this gear usually falls off and if your not paying attention it's easy to put it on backwards :thumbup:

Dere you go, Steve in snow! Good to have friends in places that know! :thumbup:

Cheers Spinner, I will try that. Very true..this gear fell of the shaft numerous times when I was messing around with it. I took note to put it on the righ way..but mistakes happen!! Let you know how I get on.

Col.