Raceline levers

hughes73

I had Brake n Clutch levers and they proved to cheap, nasty and a waste of money, I didnt get chance to ride with them!

Just after fitting them I was loading the bike on the trailer and pulled the front brake. The lug where the adjuster screws in sheared clean off! So suprised I took both levers off and took the them back to the shop, where the owner managed to snap the clutch lever on the edge of the counter and he no longer sells them.

Were they just a bad pair?

I now use Apico levers and would recomend these! :thumbup:

I had Brake n Clutch levers and they proved to cheap, nasty and a waste of money, I didnt get chance to ride with them!

Just after fitting them I was loading the bike on the trailer and pulled the front brake. The lug where the adjuster screws in sheared clean off! So suprised I took both levers off and took the them back to the shop, where the owner managed to snap the clutch lever on the edge of the counter and he no longer sells them.

I now use Apico levers and would recomend these! :thumbup:

Probably made in China! (or actually made out of china)

Probably made in China! (or actually made out of china)

I have researched some details,

Raceline levers are made of 'Cast Ally' which is a crystaline structure and is why they break off like cheap door handles.

Better material is 'Forged Alluminium' it is tougher and more ductile so it is more likey to bend not snap, After a fall if you heat treat (normalise) them then you should be able to straighten them back.

I also put a couple of wraps of PTFE plumbing tape under the master cylinder clamps on the handle bars, this allows them to turn or slide up the bars to absorb an impact, it works very well :thumbup:

i have been using a raceline clutch lever i expected it would snap like a match stick for the money but took a few knocks now and been fine however i do have the res bolts pretty slack and i must say it is not a patch on an ajp lever but still doingthe job for