phbl versus vhst carb

rockyrider

Alrighty my Gas Gas Racing model arrived last week with the PWK 28 carb. The bike runs amazing with this carb on! The bike runs so crisp, not a hint of richness. I cannot feel a loss in bottom end, and the bike picks up revs much quicker with more power as well. The odd pinging I used to get with the Dellorto is not there and I am getting better economy as well.To say I'm pleased would be an understatement. :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Cope ... any update on this?

Best of balance.

Neo

Seems they are metric standard, so a 50 would be 0.5mm as I get it.

I did a bit of sweep on this today and does seem impossible at the pilot sizes.

I have small drills down to .5mm, and plan to take my choke jet out to .70 by this method of drilling, yet a look at the scales suggest at even #80 on the smallest standard drills would be at near a 40 pilot. And not in a good work range for experimentation.

Seems to me on the carbs, one needs to go about 5 points in either direction to get the screw in range, then go half that to fine tune and let the screw do the rest. A point here or there makes little difference.

Edited by copemech

Alrighty my Gas Gas Racing model arrived last week with the PWK 28 carb. The bike runs amazing with this carb on! The bike runs so crisp, not a hint of richness. I cannot feel a loss in bottom end, and the bike picks up revs much quicker with more power as well. The odd pinging I used to get with the Dellorto is not there and I am getting better economy as well.To say I'm pleased would be an understatement. :D

The PWK is a good carb,and appropriate to the bike. They got some stick for thos that want it! Yet smooth within the range.

Last I heard, Caby has gone back to it on the Sherco. ? As well as others. Not sure here,, but ?

Wait and see what shows at SSDT!

Seems they are metric standard, so a 50 would be 0.5mm as I get it.

I did a bit of sweep on this today and does seem impossible at the pilot sizes.

I have small drills down to .5mm, and plan to take my choke jet out to .70 by this method of drilling, yet a look at the scales suggest at even #80 on the smallest standard drills would be at near a 40 pilot. And not in a good work range for experimentation.

Seems to me on the carbs, one needs to go about 5 points in either direction to get the screw in range, then go half that to fine tune and let the screw do the rest. A point here or there makes little difference.

Hmmm ... lots of confusing information on this on the web so I have just ordered a set of bits (0.3 to 1mm) and will try the good old fashion "trial and error" method ... got nothing to loose really :lol:

Best of balance.

Neo