beta minitrial problems

jockster

hi,i'm having a few problems with my son's bike basically it won't tick over i've read all the posts on this topic and also phoned beta but still the thing won't keep running.

i've cleaned the carb countless times,changed the clutch,changed the reeds,changed the spark plug,i called lampkins and they said to replace the carb as they are a problem.

i ordered a new carb and after 3 weeks it eventually arrived the day before the next trial,fitted it and it now runs worse!

another problem is that they recommend a champion L78C plug(NGK B7HS) my bike came with a NGK B7ES which is alot longer than recommended, the head thread length is right for the longer plug or is the shorter plug to reduce compression? i've tried both plugs but no difference!

also i posted a thread before to see if there are any better tyres for it other than the cheng shins on it but didn't get any answers

can anyone give me info on any of these problems as my son is begining to nag me!

many thanks john

You didn`t mention how old the bike is and condition. I`d check the exhaust as the small pipes can pack up and it causes those small engines not to breath.

hi, its is 2005,its is in very good condition and the exhaust is clear as is the fuel tank breather and fuel tap