Is Dougie too old?

trials_125

I only aimed this at Dougie competing in world trials rounds, not enduro. I think it is way over the top saying that this a "rude and immature topic"...if you don't like what has been said, then don't comment...simple.

Sorry if I have upset any of you.

Thanks

Alex

It was fairly obvious to most that you were referring to World Trials, so some of the responses have been pathetic. Why are so many people ready for a fight at the drop of a hat these days? Thankfully there were a couple of balanced responses.

For the record, I think he's too old to compete well at the top level of World Trials, as the required level of fitness and concentration just don't last forever. Of course, like most on here, I'd love to see him win again!

I beg to differ. It's almost as if the subject has become the "elephant in the room".

There's no doubting Dougies acheivements but can he cut it with that young Spanish lad? Sadly the answer must be no. But then nor can anybody else. We all know that that rider has a finite life in trials and it seems that, barring a fantastic ride from Doug (and he came close in Scotland last year) or a fiasco from Bou we would be getting ahead of ourselves to expect another WTC victory from him.

As far as enduros are concerned, as I mentioned in my previous posting, we can expect a lot more from Dougie.

The question you need to be asking yourself is can the young spanish lad live up to the legacy lampkin has achieved? answer possibly! reality = we shall wait and see and enjoy watching a new champion without discrediting previous champions

All the guys at the top less Toni Bou have been around for near on ten years now, so i can see Toni Bou beating Dougies records as new talent coming through isnt constantly in the top five. Fujigas is also looking scary on the indoors scene too.

Age robs the reaction time which is critical factor for top level trials, however enduro its slighty less so. Maybe a GasGas mounted Dougie might take a world title in enduro hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...