Has anyone ever had this issue?

lightfeet

Basically from what I can work out I have (at some point in the day) landed one of my rear chain snail adjusters on a rock which has subsequently loosened my chain, I'm guessing that whilst carrying on that day the chain has jumped up and whipped the small aluminium lug that holds the rear chain tensioner spring. This has sheared clean off, I have an idea of what it looks like but could do with someone taking a photo of theirs for me with possibly a ruler or tape measure next to it for reference. Or better still get some measurements for it.

Just wondered had anyone done this and what did you do? I have access to a lathe, or at least a mates dad would maybe make it for me if I pay him, and I then imagine i'll have to get a decent tig welder to put it back on for me. Also where the he'll do younger the spring, I can't see em on sandifords, can maybe order from Honda??

Any help appreciated

Many thanks

Edited by Lightfeet
  • Like 1

2007 Repsol 4RT

yeah I already had the idea of tapping it or helicoiling it but seeing as I have the meand of doing it so that it looks like it did I might as well. I'd rather it didnt look like it has been botched when i come to sell it. Plus im pretty sure i'd have to weld it anyway to perform a fix of that type as there is not much meat to tap into so would be best to just build up the base of where the old weld was and then file it off flat and then tap the weld.

• Like 1

I had the same thing happen on my 2006 4RT, but it wore through and bent over rather than broke. I ended up cutting down a long aluminium M6 cap head bolt then turning down the a threaded part to M4.

It looks like it's designed for the job and can be replaced in the future. Last time I took off the tensioner I was suprised the wear that the spring was causing.

• Like 1