Training Options

Got a bike (rev3), and a Van but am brand new to this.

From 6 years of green laning and some enduro practice, I know one important thing:

Really good instruction and tips from someone who knows what they are doing, especially early on, can soon save pain and damage to your equipment... In the long run this is always worth it.

Everyone is different and guidance from someone who knows what they are doing can quickly help you figure out what your natural weaknesses are*, what to practice on your own and what to bear in mind most when doing something unnatural (to me, like going slowly up slopes and over logs) This is a thinking mans sport from what i have seen, and I am approaching with my wits about me this time, as my body is robustly broken from the enduro learning curve and I do not feel like getting into Trials using my head as a battering ram again!

What are my options for getting the best training and tips, for a beginner?

the factors I have to bear in mind are, how far from London, how soon, costs and how do I get in contact?

* (apart from the obvious ones of being too old, too unfit and too uncoordinated to ever be really any good)

Got a bike (rev3), and a Van but

For starters you need to get on the bike an practice pratice practice.

The nearest place I use is about 25 miles South of London at Betchworth Quarry. http://www.theoldquarry.co.uk/ There are others if you want to travel further. There are a bunch of friendly guys that go there that will be more than willing to help you. Its open Saturday / Sunday 10am till 2pm and it costs about

Ryan Young's first DVD seems to be the one of choice. Gives you a lot to work on.

Joining a local club and meeting folk to ride with and share experience is a big deal. Having fun in the process is a bigger deal! :thumbup: