Rear brake pedal issue

jonabonospen

Took my 2006 Rev 3 out for my first ever ride yesterday and found it very difficult to utilise the rear brake. It just seemed very awkwardly positioned to use it as when I riding along. I had to bend my foot right upwards and turn it right in to the bike to even try find the pedal. It seemed like the pedal wasn't logically positioned. Now it may just be me not being used to trials bikes, but it just didnt seem right.

So what I want to know is; can you buy a longer pedal that sticks further out so is easier to find with your foot while riding?

only problem with a brake pedal that sticks out more is its easier to bang it on things

and at £50 a go you dont want to have to replace to many of them. it should stick out about

25-30mm ish from your sump guard

Edited by jsp

Took my 2006 Rev 3 out for my first ever ride yesterday and found it very difficult to utilise the rear brake. It just seemed very awkwardly positioned to use it as when I riding along. I had to bend my foot right upwards and turn it right in to the bike to even try find the pedal. It seemed like the pedal wasn't logically positioned. Now it may just be me not being used to trials bikes, but it just didnt seem right.

So what I want to know is; can you buy a longer pedal that sticks further out so is easier to find with your foot while riding?

You will get used to the position i reckon i have a 07 rev 3 the brake lever should just clear the chain when you press it down thats how close things run as said its to keep the width of the bike down to a min and even then you will catch it from time to time thats why its hinged so it doesnt brake off the toe

Adam

There should be an adjusting bolt and nut that screws into the swinging arm pivot point. This allows you to set the brake lever at your desired height. If this is missing, they often work loose if not checked regularly, your brake lever may be angled up

higher than it needs to be.

Get on your knees or tip the bike on its left hand side and check for the hole where this should screw into. Next wipe up all the fuel that has leaked over your garage floor and next time remember to check your fuel tap is turned to off.

If it is missing, find a bolt that fits, about 6mm by about 15mm ish and a nut to lock it in place. Then adjust pedal height to where it feels more comfortable.

VERY IMPORTANT that there is clearance between the push rod on the rear of the brake pedal and the piston in the master cylinder. If not your rear brake will bind on, as it gets hotter and everything expands it will jam on and fry your pads and caliper seals.

Then you will have the joy of renewing the seals and a world of pain bleeding the back brake (see recent posts). This will age you by at least a decade.